Re: Error- Missing Game Data

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Error- Missing Game Data

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I just downloaded the Sims 4 and when i go to launch it says "unable to start due to missing game data. Please download The Sims 4 Legacy Edition from Origin."  I looked and the legacy edition is what i downloaded. I am not super tech savvy so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Message 1 of 6 (750 Views)

@kaylatrayling  Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, does your computer run Windows or macOS?  (I can move your post to one of the Sims 4 tech sections.)  If Windows, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you have a Mac, please list its full specs, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having this same problem. All of a sudden my games wouldn't load, so I deleted and re-downloaded. Ever since I've done that I keep getting this same error code. I have made sure several times Sims 4 Legacy Edition is downloaded, and sure enough it is.

Any chance you figured out the problem??

Message 3 of 6 (634 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hannahhesser  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Please provide the same information as requested above.

Message 4 of 6 (608 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I for some reason follow your instruction but cannot find  the dxdiag 

Message 5 of 6 (454 Views)

@Stephalee9  Does your computer run Windows or macOS, and what antivirus do you use?  Please also let me know exactly what the error message says.

Message 6 of 6 (435 Views)