Re: Error Code saying "computer offline" - It's not.

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error Code saying "computer offline" - It's not.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi All -

After doing the latest update for Sims 4, my origin app will not let me open my Sims 4 game. The message word for word says:

"We've noticed your computer is currently offline. To activate your game on this computer using your EA Account, you'll need to connect to the Internet."

My computer IS connected to the internet because I am logged into the Origin app and posting on this forum. I've tried restarting my computer, making sure it has all the current updates, restarting Origin. I don't want to delete origin app from my computer if I can help it because I'm on gen 4 of a legacy challenge and I would really rather not lose that save file! 

Please help! <3 

Message 1 of 4 (1,289 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

In that case @maverymayhem can you take a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Disable Changing Internet Explorer’s Proxy Settings:

1. Type gpedit.msc in the Start menu’s search box and then press Enter.
  2. Navigate to User ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows Components, and then select Internet Explorer in the left column of the Group Policy editor.
  3.  Double-click Disable changing proxy settings in the Settings section of the Group Policy editor.
  4. Select Enable and then click OK to save the changes.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,246 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @maverymayhem can you ensure that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,265 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I just did all that you suggested and the error message still appeared.
Message 3 of 4 (1,250 Views)

Community Manager

In that case @maverymayhem can you take a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Disable Changing Internet Explorer’s Proxy Settings:

1. Type gpedit.msc in the Start menu’s search box and then press Enter.
  2. Navigate to User ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows Components, and then select Internet Explorer in the left column of the Group Policy editor.
  3.  Double-click Disable changing proxy settings in the Settings section of the Group Policy editor.
  4. Select Enable and then click OK to save the changes.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,247 Views)