Re: Error Code 10:0

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error Code 10:0

★★★ Novice

Origin will not install on my pc no matter what I do. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, the legacy version of origin, running as administrator, EVERYTHING. I keep getting error code 10:0 at the end of the install process, and a window pops up after I exit the install saying that origin is unable to connect to the internet. I have spoken to two different chatters and neither have been able to help me. Does anyone know what i need to do to fix this? 

Message 1 of 12 (5,203 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

FOR ANyONE WHO EXPERIENCES THIS ISSUE:

The problem is that there are corrupted files in the Origin folder in your hard drive's program folder. After 5 days of trying to figure out what was wrong and getting well meaning but unhelpful responses from chatters, it turns out all I needed to do was:

1. Rename the Origin file with the corrupted document and application in it

2. Move the renamed Origin file to anywhere other than C:\Program Files (x86)

3. Run Thin Setup as administrator again

4. Run Origin once it has installed as administrator from the file location

Sometimes the solution to your most worrisome problems is actually much simpler than you would think.

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (5,131 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Can you try deleting the OriginThinSetupInternal.exe file and open Origin once more as administrator. The standard location for Origin can be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin.

You can also find the file by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete -> Task Manager - right-click OriginThinSetupInternal.exe -> Open File Location.

Other workarounds:

Enable True Color (32 bit)via Control panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Adjust Screen Resolution -> Advanced -> Monitor
Lower screen resolutionvia right-click Desktop -> Screen Resolution (Win 7) or Display Settings (Win 10) -> lower the resolution as much as possible
Disable conflicting programs- think about motherboard apps, or security software such as an anti-virus, anti-malware or firewall
Select the correct display - Press Windows key + P on your keyboard and make sure that you haven't Extendedyour desktop. Instead, try select Computer Only
Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (5,182 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion, but after 5 days of trying to figure out what was wrong turns out all I needed to do was:

1.Rename the Origin file with the corrupted document and application in it

2.Move the file to anywhere other than my program folders

Sometimes the solution to your most worrisome problems is actually much simpler than you would think.

Message 3 of 12 (5,132 Views)

★★★ Novice

FOR ANyONE WHO EXPERIENCES THIS ISSUE:

The problem is that there are corrupted files in the Origin folder in your hard drive's program folder. After 5 days of trying to figure out what was wrong and getting well meaning but unhelpful responses from chatters, it turns out all I needed to do was:

1. Rename the Origin file with the corrupted document and application in it

2. Move the renamed Origin file to anywhere other than C:\Program Files (x86)

Message 4 of 12 (5,132 Views)

★ Novice

Tonight my star wars game is crashing every few minutes and I am losing battles which I would normally win I have had enough this is ridiculous get it sorted

Message 5 of 12 (5,013 Views)

Community Manager

@tichhenry Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in this thread to see if it makes a difference? 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 12 (4,996 Views)

★ Novice

Yes the problem is ok now thank you

Message 7 of 12 (4,978 Views)

Community Manager

@tichhenry Glad to hear that it is sorted, enjoy your gaming.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 12 (4,946 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive looked in the folder but nowhere do I see thinsetup can you tell me where it is in the folder?

Message 9 of 12 (4,633 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can somebody help me i have the error code 10:0 and ive tried what you guys have said

Message 10 of 12 (3,981 Views)