Re: Error: 327684:2

by spztckttn

Original Post

Error: 327684:2

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Every time I try to finish the installation of The Sims 4, I get Error: 327684:2.

I have been trying to download The Sims 4 for ages now. I have tried:

-Disabling firewall and antivirus

-deleting and redownloading origin

-clearing cache

-checking all files (including hidden) were installed

-entering Origin as an admin

-deleting the game and redownloading it (which took hours!)

I also spent about an hour and a half in contact with EA, but the person I spoke to was unable to help.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I've been reading as many questions related to this as possible and I've been all over youtube searching for help, but so far nothing has worked. 

Thanks to anyone who replies!

Message 1 of 8 (667 Views)

@noodlepoppop  Can you post a screenshot of the error?  I can't recognize them by their numbers.  Alternately, if you saw something like the original poster in the thread below, you can try the same steps.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/I-cant-install-Sims-4/td-p/7897856

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (649 Views)

Community Manager

This error message can be caused by running an out of date VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)
  •  

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 8 (629 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you for your suggestion. I tried this earlier today, yet I still got the same error message. I ran it as administrator and repaired both, so I think this may not be the problem. If you have any other suggestions please let me know! Thank you Standard smile
Message 4 of 8 (615 Views)

Community Manager

In that case, let's try the following two things @noodlepoppop:

Let me know how you get on. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (613 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have already done both of those, but thank you anyway.
Message 6 of 8 (611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I wasn't sure how to save a screenshot without going through photoshop or something, but I found this one from a google search and it is identical to the error message I've been receiving. Thanks for your help Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (602 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been having the exact same issue ever since the latest update, and I have tried everything listed aswell, did you ever find a solution?

Message 8 of 8 (537 Views)