Error: 327684:1

by GeneralFuria85

Original Post

Re: Error: 327684:1

★★★★★ Pro

@GeneralFuria85  Yes, I do understand this is an older platform game, along with a few others I have, and are no longer supported. I did have a few of these non-supported games disappear from my game library a couple of years ago but was able to recover them from an Origin "local content" backup on my computer. The trouble is, two of these games, including this one, were not free. I paid for them. I "bought" this one yesterday. So they should be able to be downloaded normally. "Free" ones offered should also be able to be downloaded without these problems, which I've always easily been able to do. So I don't really think the older platform games are the problem. I see it as a server update problem on EA's side.

Message 31 of 211 (4,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Like the others in this thread I am having the same issues and have also tried all the proposed fixes.

Unlike the others I have a measuring stick; I installed a game right before and immediately after the most recent Origin update. Both pre-update games and DLCs all installed without issue. Dragon Age 2, however, I only purchased and installed AFTER the most recent Origin patch.

This is clear evidence that the issue is with Origin, not the consumer, as the only difference between the two installations, in my case, is the Origin update.

EDIT: Also of note is that in a DLC I get trapped in a constant loading loop, likely the result of these issues.

Message 32 of 211 (4,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @GeneralFuria85 @AusJolt@Simberella@Darach4884@nightwing612

Reset your modem/router.( is a difference between resetting a router and rebooting a router. When you reboot your router that means you cycle the power to it. Resetting your router involves changing it back to its factory settings)

Most proxy servers, firewalls, and other Internet connection methods can restrict port access. Your configuration may be restricting packets from unknown sources.

Make sure you have the following ports set up. These is  standard port Origin for PC:

UDP ; 443
TCP:   80, 443, 8080

NOTE : some security programs continue to run when is disabled. They may require full uninstallation or reconfiguration. ESET maintains a comprehensive list of  common antivirus uninstallation tools on their website.

So when you disable your antivirus, it still runs.However, these applications may prevent Origin games from downloading, installing, or patching correctly. Temporarily uninstalling your security software can help resolve these issues.

I wait your feedback.Wink
Retired champion.
Message 33 of 211 (3,587 Views)

★★★ Novice

@yahel_1

No change.

Message 34 of 211 (3,546 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@yahel_1@GeneralFuria85@AusJolt@Simberella@nightwing612

Hi Guys

Ok so i think i solved it. I copied the files over to my main gaming PC (from the laptop i used to download the game). And now it works perfectly on my PC - no errors and no downloads in progress. So basically i did:

-Backed up my game data as well as my savegame and character data

- Deleted all my game files (the Dragon Age files under Origin Games, in my case E:\Program Files (x86)\EA-Origin\Dragon Age - i renamed my "Origin Games" folder when i installed Origin)

-Copied the downloaded files into the same folder as the files i deleted (eg E:\Program Files (x86)\EA-Origin\Dragon Age)

-Ran Origin and Verified Game files

Origin verified the files and installed the game, dlcs and expansion packs all within 10 minutes. Opened the game and continued exactly where i left off - no errors and no fuss. 

So, it seems like the local files don't gell with the ones from the server - so delete them and replace with the downloaded files. 

@yahel_1 - Thanks for the answer, but my problem was never that the files don't download, they simply do not install. This is also true for @GeneralFuria85, as i understand him. A router reset will therefore not do anything. 

Hope this helps.. 

Message 35 of 211 (3,544 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, just saw your post @GeneralFuria85

I agree with @Simberella. The issue isn't the Legacy status. However, i think you have part of a point here - the way in which the old games were installed and handled are probably not compatible with the newest update. See the fix that worked for me - when i replaced the old installed files with the newly downloaded files, it worked. 

With the new update they p[probably changed some coding with regards to local content verification or/and installation. So when you have a previously installed version of the game, it does't follow the new updated methodology, and the newly downloaded files don't work with it. Try the fix i posted and see if it also works for you, as i do hope it does. 

Derick

Message 36 of 211 (3,535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Darach4884 I'm glad you solved your problem, I hope your solution can help others.Fingers crossed

@AusJolt have you restarted your machine after you have followed the steps from above ?

Retired champion.
Message 37 of 211 (3,520 Views)

★★★ Novice

@yahel_1

Yeah, yeah I did.

@Darach4884

That's great, except it doesn't help anyone who doesn't have a second computer.

Message 38 of 211 (3,505 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@AusJolt - you can do it on one PC as well. copy the files out and simply replace them with downloaded ones (if you download EG the ultimate version of Dragon Age, copy those files into the standard version's game files) OR delete the original game files and redownload the game. 

Message 39 of 211 (3,503 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Resetting router and uninstalling antivirus does not fix the problem.

@Darach4884

Thanks for the idea, but it does not work either, at least it does not work for DA2.

Message 40 of 211 (3,498 Views)