Original Post

Re: Error: 327684:1

EA DICE Team

@xpeachsweettea @r0nin2017

Thanks for sharing your Error Reports. They have been forwarded.. :eahigh_file:

Message 51 of 211 (6,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this issue with Dragon Age Origins ultimate edition. My report number is 

Message 52 of 211 (6,379 Views)

★★★ Novice

Experienced the same error. The DLCs I downloaded have been listed in the error report. The ID is 0c03fda670174c72.

Message 53 of 211 (7,765 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@Straatford87 I wanted to add my Origin Report ID: 0bffdb6a9016bcbe just in case the diagnostics submitted may help with this error code. The game I bought was Sims Medieval Deluxe, which included EP01: Pirates & Nobles Adventure Pack, plus some Special Edition DLC.

Although I realize this topic is mostly for Dragon Age 2, both games are dated 2011, but also specify they can play on Windows 7. I have Windows 7 Ultimate.

I will be downloading DLC from Origin for the current Sims 4 game on May 30th. I will definitely let you know here if I also have problems downloading and installing that, as I have never had any problems like this with new or old games from Origin before this latest Origin update.

I hope this information can help somewhat. I can only do basic troubleshooting to maintain my computer, data and setup, so don't really have any troubleshooting to report.

Message 54 of 211 (7,763 Views)

★★ Novice

To all of you who are still having this issue:

1. Run Origin as administrator

2. Make sure Windows firewall or any other firewall you are using is not blocking the Touchup.exe app located in Origin games/BF4/_Installer/ folder. If this program is blocked you are going to get a message saying "Touchup.exe stopped working, close application or wait" and the installation ends with an error code. Make sure to Allow Touchup.exe in the firewall. 

3. Make sure in the folder Origin games/BF4/_Installer/directx/redist/ leave only  DXSETUP.exe , DSETUP.DLL AND DSETUP32.DLL there. Move the others files to another backup folder just in case.

This is how I was able to install the game after 2 hours reading. 

Message 55 of 211 (7,758 Views)

★★★ Novice

@CaptCampPANAMA Read the thread, we tried that.

Message 56 of 211 (7,751 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @Straatford87

Thanks for forwarding the queries. And i completely understand that you have nothing to do with any of what follows - but your boss and his boss and so on do - so please forward this to whoever, for whatever good it will do as i'm sure they've heard this before. If you can forward it to Customer services department (if such a thing exists within EA).  .  I didn't submit an error report as, to be quite honest, i have NO faith in EA's support (not community support, mind you - i mean Original Manufacturer Support that comes with the legal and ethical obligation to provide a product that works after loyal customers paid for it.). I managed to solve my problem through sheer luck - others on this thread have not been so lucky. If that is what EA calls a finished working product then they just lost me for good. 

I have played EA games since the very very early days of Fighter Pilot (remember that anyone??) I grew up on the Command & Conquer series.. For a long time it was either C&C or Need for Speed that took up my time. I would consider myself one of your original customers. When most of the animosity started against EA i couldn't believe it and wrote it off as spin by other companies. Until i started looking closely at what was said... I recent (from 2008) years.... After you guys fired all your best RTS programmers (Westwood Studios), made games that could have been amazing "Online Only" (looking at you - Destroyer of C&C 4) and force us to use a VERY glitchy, massive (and to be honest, very user UNFRIENDLY - compared to Steam and Uplay), expensive and "clickbaity" (looking at you home screen that always shows me games i need to buy or rent)... after all this i have completely stopped buying or playing EA games in any way. The only games i still have from EA are Bioware products (thank God they stayed more or less independent) and the C&C games they finally got to work on new platforms (yes, thanks to Origin... Integrate EA/Origin games with Steam again and you can tell me about how you care about customer satisfaction and wants)

When we LAN, i have NO QUALMS whatsoever about using Pirated or/and Modded versions of EA games (specifically Battlefield 2 and C&C Generals) - even though i buy all my games, EA has just shown themselves to be unscrupulous in their business practices and too uncaring about their customers.I mean look at Grey Goo - an amazing RTS that could have had the EA brand had they not stiffled Westwood and fired those that would not submit.. 

So please, EA, please just FIX YOUR PRODUCTS!!!! Don't push out games faster than they can be produced... Bethesda (with all their glitches) have proven that a properly made game, though it takes years to develop, will keep you and your brand in circulation much longer than mass produced * like COD and Battlefield. 

Message 57 of 211 (7,741 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, I found I am having this issue as well.  I am doing a new install of Mass Effect 2 and all DLC.  It is erroring out on the Normandy Crash Site DLC and only that one.  I tried doing an uninstall of Mass Effect 2 and redownloaded it but I still get the error.  It does show it is installed after I close the error but when I start the game it tells me to 

Your Report ID is: 0c04263570174e14

Thanks,

Megathesis

Message 58 of 211 (7,730 Views)

★★ Novice

It seems I have managed to fix it for my own situation, so maybe my solution will help others to overcome this issue. Important Note: This solution however only seems to work for my download of DAO - Unlimted Edition itself ("repair option"). All the additional DLC packages however (which automatically follow in the repairing process), still fail to complete without error messages.

Platform

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Version: 1703 (issue has occurred since installation of Windows 10 Creator's Update)
  • x64

Observations

• Windows Defender Security Centre asks me to review my health status (e.g. review settings and suggests additional actions to be taken);
  • In Windows Defender Security Centre (found in the lower right corner > "Firewall & Network Protection tab > Allow an app through the firewall settings, I noticed that the application "Steam" was already in the list, but I could not find a line for Origin.exe;
  • My downloaded games however do have their own line within the "allowed app overview".

Solution for my situation

• Click on 'change settings' button, this will enable you to use the "allow another app" button;
  • Click on "Allow another app" button;
  • Browse for "Origin.exe" (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin)
  • Click on "Add";
  • Make sure both the private and public options are enabled for "Origin";
  • Click on "Ok".

Repairing my DAO - Unlimited Edition was successful upon making the aforementioned changes in Windows Defender Security.

Assumptions

• My educated guess is that the Windows 10 Creator's Update makes changes in settings which are critical for Origin to work
  • Some application (i.e. Steam) seems to keep its / add a new line in Windows Defender Security, where Origin is not;
  • Is it possible that the Origin apps needs an update in order to cope with Windows 10 Creator's Edition Update?

Message 59 of 211 (7,699 Views)

★★★ Novice

@r0nin2017

Ironically, this was the first thing I tried.

Message 60 of 211 (7,682 Views)