Error 20:99 when installing Origin client

by ThundThund

Original Post

Re: Error 20:99 when installing Origin client

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko , for those of us who are more technically inclined, and now having this problem, can you please explain to us why your "answer" is to call the isp and tell THEM about an error YOUR software is giving me? Is this something that happens so frequently in your software that every ISP's customer service center has a listed response and fix for "Origin 20:99 connection errors"? If so, doesn't that say a little something about yall as a company? But seriously, what is it that's "broken" here that instead of helping, you're just telling us to call someone else?

Message 11 of 16 (530 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Fatal-Stupidity if it works on a different network then this means that they issue is not with Origin but is in fact related to something on your network blocking Origin.

We are able to go though basic connection troubleshooting but in many cases when seeing an issue with network or ISP then your provider is best positioned to assist you.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 12 of 16 (511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had the same problem when I wanted to play on my new PC desktop, and it worked when installing in default disk, which was C.

I initially changed to other disks, and got the code 20:99. Additionally I tried using hotspot on my phone, it did not work to install in disk D and other.

Message 13 of 16 (409 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Jack157863896 when using a hotspot did you connect using mobile data?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 14 of 16 (398 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko i had the same issue and my ISP is the SAME as the mobile data how can you explain that ? before format, nothing, after format same problem, mobile data, vodafone, internet, vodafone, works with mobile data, doesn't with wi-fi or ethernet, perhaps origin and your isp is broken ( as people as been complaining for the last few years )
Message 15 of 16 (306 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @pOnt3s if it works when using mobile data but not your main network then this points to a network or ISP issue.

The best thing to do is to powercycle your router, plug it out for 5 minutes and if the issue continues to speak with your ISP who will be able to assist you further.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 16 of 16 (287 Views)