Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

by ApeVineSwinger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★ Novice

I did see an old post regarding what I encountered but I'm not sure what they did. I was in middle of a game and this popped up. Kicked me out the game entirely and I tried opening it up again just to be reconnected, play for minute, and to be given this error again. 

The rest of the message says starting from HUNG...the application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed. 

When giving suggestions please put in simple plain terms, thanks. 

Graphic card: GTX 1080

Processor: intel 8060

That's all I know...

Message 1 of 5 (1,200 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Community Manager

The error you are seeing is one relating to your GPU @ApeVineSwinger, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean boot before attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,170 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

The error you are seeing is one relating to your GPU @ApeVineSwinger, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean boot before attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,171 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ApeVineSwinger were you able to get this sorted?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (1,146 Views)

★ Novice

Hey Darko, sorry for the delay. I actually just turned down some graphic video options in game like shadow and streaming quality options. The game works fine now. This was the first time I encountered something like this. All my other games worked fine in highest quality. I also found it weird there's more than couple options for shadows.

Message 4 of 5 (1,116 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @ApeVineSwinger.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,103 Views)