Email associated with EA account deactivated, how to change password?

by DoobShmoob

Original Post

Re: Email associated with EA account deactivated, how to change password?

★★★ Newbie

We have all tried this, you are missing the point... the e-mail address are 10+ years old and we do not have the details to recover them anymore. What do we do?! 

Message 11 of 33 (1,533 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also my case is marked as no fix available ? hows does that even work ?

Message 12 of 33 (1,532 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @synattack709, if you are unable to verify ownership of an account then our team will be unable to make any changes to it or grant you access.

The best thing to do is to gather as much additional info as you can and speak with the team again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 13 of 33 (1,516 Views)

★ Novice

My situation-gamer tag was originally linked with an aim email address which is no longer activated. EA is asking for information tied to a deactivated email account from over a decade ago lol. They will not update my account with my new email address unless I recover this old account that is locked to my gamer tag. I basically would have to create a new gamer tag and lose years of profession and sentimental value because they won’t unlink this old ea account from my gamer tag. Customer service was useless. Only writing all of this to bring awareness and see if anyone potentially got around this and was able to keep their account in the process. 

Message 14 of 33 (1,458 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @CaptainJoeAllan, if our live support team is unable to help then the best thing to do is to follow the advice they offer.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 15 of 33 (1,439 Views)

★★★ Novice

Everyone don't waste your breath with support on this. Long story short, YOU ARE SCREWED. I have this same issue. Have gone through support and they can't help me reset the account. I lost access to the student email my xbox GT created the EA profile with. Guess what? Now I can't play a single game I've boughten over the past 10 years. This is a huge design oversight and EA is literally punishing us for it. I'd advise doing what I'm doing and try avoiding buying any EA product ever again. I have transcripts of support * the bed on this issue and will happily share with whoever is interested. 

Message 16 of 33 (1,393 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @NathanBeatz when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

If you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then our live support team will be unable to grant you access to or make any changes to an account. We take account security very seriously and if ownership cannot be verified then I'm sorry to say but we would be unable to assist further. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 17 of 33 (1,377 Views)

★ Novice

Has anyone been able to solve this? I also cannot login with my AIM email. ridiculous. 

Message 18 of 33 (1,148 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Well, you'll have to reach out to our support team for any help with account related issues @x_TummyRupples_x.

We won't be able to help through the forums as it is about account related issue. We would have to verify that you are the owner of the account and that's not something that we can do.

So please reach out to our support team via: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Jason.png
Message 19 of 33 (1,140 Views)

★★ Novice

Like wise, I have been trying to sort out the email linked to my 12+ year old PSN for other a year with EA livechat. I have spoken to livechat an easy 10 times and none of them are able to help. Their answer is recall and get back to me, you're asking me to recall my IP address from other 12 years ago! Ive shown the ea livechat people i am the playstation account holder and they still wont help me! I have tried every possible method, i am also an unfortunate soul that has a deactivated email under fsmail.net. I want to buy battlefield 2042 but im not going to if i cant bloody play it, I cant make trying to give ea my money any easier. 

Message 20 of 33 (1,118 Views)