Email associated with EA account deactivated, how to change password?

by DoobShmoob

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Email associated with EA account deactivated, how to change password?

★★★ Newbie

So my original EA account that I've used on my PS3, PS4, and PC (Skifever78) are still active. However, I am unable to log into it again. I may have forgotten my password, or my account isn't being recognized upon log in because the email associated with it has been deactivated due to inactivity (I've had a newer email address but my EA account is associated with that older email address that no longer exists). Now when I click "Forgot my password" it sends the instructions on how to reset the password to the email account that no longer exists - so I can't access it.

I'm still logged into this account on my PS4, but I cannot log in separately - specifically to get loot from Twitch Prime on Apex Legends, or to log in to this forum, nor Origin. I'm wondering if there is a way to access that password reset on a different email address, as remaking the old email address doesn't seem to be an option (the host says that the email already exists, and it shows no way of reactivating it). I've also checked accounts that could be the secondary email (my mom's because I made the account when I was young, and my newer email created four or five years ago).

Please let me know if there's anything that can be done in this regard, or if anyone has had this problem and found a solution. Thanks!

Message 2 of 33 (15,341 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Email associated with EA account deactivated, how to change password?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey @DoobShmoob 

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with updating your EA account details Frown While we cannot directly help with this on our forum, due to safety of your personal information, I really recommend contacting our live support at EA Help. The game advisers might be able to assist you further.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 3 of 33 (15,262 Views)

All Replies

Can’t access ea email

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EAHelp PLEASE HELP!!! I have a old email that is deactivated by Yahoo and it’s linked to my EA Account and my EA Account is linked to my PSN Account and I don’t use that email or can’t access that email anymore and I was wondering if I can unlink my PSN with my PSN Info? Please help

Message 1 of 33 (15,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey @DoobShmoob 

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with updating your EA account details Frown While we cannot directly help with this on our forum, due to safety of your personal information, I really recommend contacting our live support at EA Help. The game advisers might be able to assist you further.

/Ataashi

Message 3 of 33 (15,263 Views)

Is there a way to link a gamer tag not in-game?

★★★ Newbie
  • So my Xbox tag was link to a 15 year old deactivated t mobile email so I made a new origin ID but I cannot find anywhere any prompts to link a gamer tag. All the forums say that the games themself ask you but apex legend sure doesn’t. I am installing battlefield 1 now just in hopes it will ask me to connect to an EA ID 
Message 4 of 33 (15,296 Views)

Origin account linked to a deactivated email

★★★ Newbie

When I first made my origin account several years ago I linked it to a school email. That email has long since been deactivated and it is impossible for me to access it. This means that despite remembering my password, I can't log into my account as I need a security code that is sent to the email that no longer exists whenever I try to log in. I have made a new origin account but for some reason I am not allowed to link my xbox live account to the new origin account despite using it several times on my xbox on different EA games. I've contacted support with purchase details from the xbox on different EA games and given all the information I can on the account linked to the school email and I was still told that they cannot give me access to the account, allow me to change the email linked to it, or just link my xbox gamertag to my new account. I am at an impasse here and there is literally nothing I can do other than say goodbye to the origin account and any hopes of linking my xbox to a different origin account.

Message 5 of 33 (15,222 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

Did you manage to sort this out as having the same problem trying to connect to EA servers on fifa 20

Message 6 of 33 (14,521 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @biggz8 if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 33 (14,508 Views)

★★ Novice

I have filled out the form 5x now and keep getting the same response. After 2 chats today I have decided to just give up. EA has built a system that is flawed and like many others on this forum old email addresses that get compromised end up rendering EA games virtually useless. I can't understand what information they think they are keeping so sacred that they can't allow an email address to flip. Honestly I could care less about the account I can't access but the fact that I am blocked from using a new email with a new account is just bad form. I have pleaded and begged I have contacted PlayStation too but they are all pointing fingers at each other. I am glad I am not alone but the fact that its an issue at all is infuriating. I have literally spend the last month responding to and filling out forms to continually be told, I didn't provide sufficient information... I guess in the end, EA knows me better than I know myself. It's easier to quit a gym than it is to play Madden 20 online. FML! 

Message 8 of 33 (14,280 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@krazziek No point in keeping EA Access if you can't play online. Have the same problem with my AOL email associated with my XBOX Gamertag. EA customer service is atrocious.
Message 9 of 33 (13,818 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 33 (13,772 Views)