Re: ERROR MSVCP140.dll, SETTING UP ORIGIN ON WINDOWS 10

by jakeora

Original Post

★ Novice

Looked up my problem and it pointed me right here. Worked like a charm, @puzzlezaddict , thanks so much.

Message 21 of 49 (1,504 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict hiya, i'm having this same issue. I tried what you said to do and it still did not work. any other suggestions? my microsoft visual c++ was 2012 not 2015 but I deleted them and reinstalled the ones from your link and it still wont work.
Message 22 of 49 (1,445 Views)

@sophielauren246  The 2012 VC++ runtimes are distinct, and you didn't need to uninstall them.  If you have any apps that use them, you might get an MSVCR110.dll the next time you try to run them, in which case you'll need to install new copies specifically of the 2012 runtimes, which you can also do through Microsoft.

What error are you getting now?  A screenshot would be great.  A lot of these errors look similar but aren't exactly the same and can't be fixed in the same way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 49 (1,426 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict I saw your advice for some of the other problems people were having with Origins. I recently bought a 2 in 1 HP desktop and I'm trying to install Origin for Sims 4 for my wife. When it goes to do the final update of Origin it shows a pop up saying that we need to install or update windows to the newest version but we have windows 10 and we've done all the updates that the computer has given us but still keeps saying we need to update it. I tried contacting Origin which wasn't much help at all. I checked and this computer doesn't have Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. It has the 2010 and 2013 versions of that program. Could that be the problem I'm having? Should I try to install the 2015 version also or is this a problem Origin has to fix? If you would like you can email me at [edit: email address removed]. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Message 24 of 49 (1,390 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SpEEdyJoHnSON29  Origin needs both the x86 and x64 versions of the 2015 VC++ runtimes to work, so yes, definitely install them.  Origin should install both runtimes on its own, but for some reason, that's not happening for a lot of people.

Please also make sure you're installing the latest version of Origin, not an older one from a game disc or a third-party site.  You can download the ThinSetup or the full installer (more reliable).  Direct download links:

https://www.dm.origin.com/download

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 49 (1,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much I'll try that and definitely keep you updated on how it goes.

Message 26 of 49 (1,377 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict This worked for me and I thank you so very much, I was up all night trying to solve this issue. Your solution is the first to actually work for me and I wish I could leave you more than one xp.
Message 27 of 49 (1,338 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you.

Message 28 of 49 (1,295 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK U SO SO SO SO SO FK MUCH

Message 29 of 49 (1,251 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much!!! So excited to play games now haha