Anyone found a fix yet?? Still can't install Titanfall 2 after trying to install Origin for about 3 days. Considering EA is such a huge company * like this shouldn't be happening. Not to mention I am trying to install Origin in the first place because of my Titanfall 2 download getting stuck on calculating. EA suck!
May 2017 - last edited July 2017 by IIPrest0nII
If nothing works I have a solution
I managed to find an origin installer which works
After having just gone through this with my wife and fixed it for her here is the list of things you should do.
**Can't you download the exe from origin?**
A. If not check to make sure your network settings are correct.
1. Hit the windows key and type "Control Panel"
2. In the control panel search type "Network Settings"
3. Click on "Network and Sharing Center"
4. Click "Change adapter settings"
5. Right click on your "Ethernet" > Properties (Or whatever network your connected on)
6. Double click on "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"
7. Make sure both options in here set to automatic
B. Make sure your firewall isn't blocking you
C. Make sure your modem isn't blocking you
A. Test to see if this is a firewall problem (Disable firewall)
1. Hit the windows key and type "Firewall"
2. Click "Turn Windows Defender FIrewall on or off"
3. Turn both off
4. Try to download again
5. If this works turn your firewall back on and google how to allow a program through your firewall
B. Antivirus is blocking you
For this one, it depends. First try to just disable all of your antivirus and download the update. If it works turn your antivirus back on and google how to allow origin. Usually something like add an acception
C. Could be corrupt cache, Clear your cache
1. Hit the windows key and type "%APPDATA%"
2. Find the origin folder and delete everything inside it
3. Now navigate back to %APPDATA%/Local and do the same thing
4. Try downloading the update again
D. If all of the above don't work try the suggest "Clean Boot"
E. If ALL of the above still don't work COMPLETELY remove origin and reinstall
1. Download "RevoUninstaller" program
2. Run the program as advanced.
3. Uninstall origin, delete leftover files
4. BEFORE clicking to delete all of the registry files run a backup on it first
5. Re-download a fresh installer
6. Run the installer
I'm not sure if this helps anyone but I had the environment variable QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS set to 2 when I set it to 1 it worked.
ps: I think .Net Framework got updated by Windows and may have contributed to solving the ucrtbase.dll error that was causing the 20:99.