EA won't respond to inquiries and locked me out of my account

by beckan03

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA won't respond to inquiries and locked me out of my account

★★★ Newbie

Over two weeks ago I attempted to unsubscribe from EA play before the deadline for renewal.  I was met for several days with nothing but error screens saying the request could not be processed and to try again later.  This extended through the deadline to cancel and I was re upped for another year.  I immediately reached out to EA for help, submitted a request for help and to be contacted, case number 64825002.  I provided photographic evidence and an explanation of what happened.  Two weeks went by and I never received a phone call or email.

At that point I contacted my credit card company and filed a dispute for a product not as described (the advertised cancel by date was in no way being honored as was promised).  EA responded (suddenly they move quickly) and locked me out of my account for violation of the User Agreement.  I add at this point that I have several purchases on that account that predate their subscription service, and any disagreement regarding the subscription should not apply to those already purchased goods.  I have read the user agreement thoroughly and no where is challenging a purchase a violation.  Unethical manipulation of payment is, but that is not relevant here.

I get that this is the downside of subscription based services, and it's entirely possible that EA is within their rights to deny me access to products I have paid for the permanent use of.  But the nature of this is very upsetting, that I attempted to resolve a problem honestly and ethically with EA (I didn't even wish to permanently cancel, just snooze the subscription during a couple months while money is tight and I didn't have time anyway), no response is given, and when I take the next step as a consumer EA disproportionately punishes me while still making no genuine attempt to reach out and resolve the original problem.

Any help, who/what to contact that will actually get a response would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (510 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA won't respond to inquiries and locked me out of my account

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @beckan03.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (481 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @beckan03.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (482 Views)

★ Novice

i have also had a similar issue to this... i request a pre-order be refunded and refused.. EA is in breach of the australian consumer law and their own protocols, of a refund is Within 14 days from the release date if you pre-ordered the game, if you haven't launched it yet

so because of the refusal to refund which is breaking the law. i contacted paypal and submitted a complaint against ea games.... no one at ea games responded to the complaint and paypal refunded me, now i find out my account is banned... which again is in breach of australian consumer law.

as i paid for every single game with some being hard copies, and now i cannot access any of them. so you have now stolen money from me a good few hundred if not a thousand dollars..

i have done the contact us... and now await 72 hours for an email.

ea has 2 options.. return access to the account. or refund every cent i have spent on the origin store and for games that i have hard copies for that are on that account and compensation for all the trouble that ea has caused me. including being taken back to the ACCC for all breaches that ea have made.

Message 3 of 3 (413 Views)