Re: EA suspended my account.

by HannahA2017

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA suspended my account.

★★ Novice

So, I tried buying the Sims 4: Island Living expansion pack and I received an email saying that it was transaction was confirmed. I downloaded it, played it for a bit, and after about 5 hours, I received another email saying that the confirmed transaction had failed and the game was out of my collection and my account was suspended.

I was able to chat with an adviser and he unlocked my account. I spoke to another adviser saying that if I bought the game again, that the transaction would be confirmed and it would not fail again. Lo and behold, it failed yet again and the game was gone. My account is suspended AGAIN and I cannot chat with anyone about it, I cannot send an email (no address) and EA help says that I need to sign up to get a call from EA. the problem is, I don't have a US number to enter to get a call. I am at a loss and I am about to tell EA to give me all the money I spent on my games because I've had enough.

Message 1 of 10 (716 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @HannahA2017 if you are certain that a sanction has been placed on your account then the best thing to do would be to directly contact our Terms of Service team. This way you do not need to request a callback or start a chat and can simply email the ToS team directly. 

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (622 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @HannahA2017 if there is a sanction on your account then you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (697 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve done this numerous times. It’s asking to give an American number that I don’t have anymore. I can’t use chat and there is no option for an email.

Message 3 of 10 (692 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @HannahA2017 if you follow the steps I posted above you will be able to open a case with our ToS team. You are unable to speak with them on the phone or begin a chat, you need to follow the steps exactly so as to get your case before them.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (673 Views)

★★ Novice

I have done exactly what you told me, and I’m still getting the same result. It is asking for a phone number to call me to talk to an adviser.

Message 5 of 10 (654 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues @HannahA2017.

Can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 10 (640 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have tried what it said and it is the same option, asking for a phone number. I am not in the UK, nor Europe. I’m in North Africa. I don’t have a location for my country. 

Message 7 of 10 (627 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @HannahA2017 if you are certain that a sanction has been placed on your account then the best thing to do would be to directly contact our Terms of Service team. This way you do not need to request a callback or start a chat and can simply email the ToS team directly. 

3. Choose your platform.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (623 Views)

★★ Novice

Every time I do exactly what you tell me, I always get the same result, whether I cannot log in or it’s the suspended/ banned account. It asks me for a us number I do not have. Can you give me a direct email address to the TOS?

Message 9 of 10 (593 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @HannahA2017 I tested it just there by following the steps I posted above and at no point was I asked to provide a phone number. If you follow the steps for contacting ToS then you will be advised that you need to contact them by filling out the info and you will receive an email response.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (588 Views)