EA account linking to a new Xbox Account

by tmase83

Original Post

Re: EA account linking to a new Xbox Account

Community Manager

Hey @thekurse, sorry to say but we are unable to assist with account-based issues on AHQ.

If our live support team is unable to assist you then there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 31 of 392 (1,927 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Darko Do you think perhaps, you could provide us with a higher level of support? Is there only one tier of support at EA? Or, do you have...idk engineers/management that might need to get involved?

@thekurse is not wrong. Several decade long players with libraries, achievements, and friends are now screwed... I think it is time you go to your boss/who ever rates you and bring up a valid concern.
Message 32 of 392 (1,904 Views)

★ Guide

@menarche wrote:
@EA_DarkoDo you think perhaps, you could provide us with a higher level of support? Is there only one tier of support at EA? Or, do you have...idk engineers/management that might need to get involved?

This is a great question. I have developed a decent amount large enterprise application solutions over the years and I know that once those things launch, there are always tiers of support over the initial customer interaction team. 

@menarche Once i have an hour+ to burn my next course of action will be to get back online with a new chat agent and if they give me the run around turn on Karen mode and ask for their supervisor. 

Message 33 of 392 (1,896 Views)

★ Guide

@thekurse I don't recommend it. I have been in chat with 3 folks. Their Chat support seems to be outsourced, and they adhere to a strict no escalation policy. I have had two different chat folks just close conversation when asked to speak to a supervisor. They always say the typical non answers "As a gamer, we feel your pain.....", "We have passed your feedback up...", and sometimes despite literally telling them that you know the script they are about to try to run through will not work...they run through it anyway. Origin support was great about a decade ago when I had issues, but now it is clearly garbage.

Message 34 of 392 (1,894 Views)

★ Guide

@menarche wrote:

@thekurse I don't recommend it. I have been in chat with 3 folks. Their Chat support seems to be outsourced, and they adhere to a strict no escalation policy. I have had two different chat folks just close conversation when asked to speak to a supervisor. They always say the typical non answers "As a gamer, we feel your pain.....", "We have passed your feedback up...", and sometimes despite literally telling them that you know the script they are about to try to run through will not work...they run through it anyway. Origin support was great about a decade ago when I had issues, but now it is clearly garbage.

Good to know. Have you tried their phone support yet? Wondering if they are any better (even though they probably use the same company). 

Message 35 of 392 (1,891 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Since this avenue can’t help and their chat support also won’t/can’t, I also tweeted @ EA_Help. I’ve had good luck with Twitter in the past so maybe between @tmase83 and I they respond to something (though I’ve found a lot of larger companies only have Twitter support on the week days). I also DM’d a few folks I know that may be able to help (long shots though).  

https://twitter.com/redbeardmd/status/1373700912229781505?s=21

Remember folks, the squeaky wheel gets the grease so if you have this problem please tweet, retweet, post on Reddit, Facebook, etc this thread as well as the Reddit thread that @tmase83 linked.

Message 36 of 392 (1,872 Views)

★★★ Guide

The support chat agent told me this forum was the only avenue I could try to get a response from. 

But the forum moderators say they don't deal with account policy. 

So who does deal with account policy?

I'm asking for an explanation about this account linking restriction policy. 

Why can't I link my Xbox Game Pass account to my EA account if there has been another Xbox account linked historically?

Who can we talk to about having this policy reviewed?

Somewhere in EA there will be a policy manual that details all this, and the process that needs to be undertaken. 

Everyone says they can't help, so who can? 

Message 37 of 392 (1,871 Views)

★★ Guide

If the support here can't help us, and live support can't help us... who can? This policy may have some meaning (account sharing, selling, I have no idea) but that's not what is happening here. I hope people keep bumping this, because I don't want to manage multiple EA accounts. That's a dumb solution.

Message 38 of 392 (1,859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@-6thAD-Bogard wrote:

If the support here can't help us, and live support can't help us... who can? This policy may have some meaning (account sharing, selling, I have no idea) but that's not what is happening here. I hope people keep bumping this, because I don't want to manage multiple EA accounts. That's a dumb solution.

Having worked with some amazing database administrators I’m very confused at the policy. It basically encourages duplicate user data which makes any good DBA scream in frustration.  There has to be some monetary reason behind it but from someone who has managed / cleaned up user data because of poor business decisions: this policy seems very stupid. 

Message 39 of 392 (1,851 Views)

★ Guide

I have been "Waiting for chat" for 4 hours. No response. 
I have tweeted to @eahelp with my questions for 2 days, no response. 
In this forum I get no response.

Why is this issue not escalated? Can any EA representative let us know what the reasoning is behind this?

Message 40 of 392 (1,844 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help