EA account linking to a new Xbox Account

by tmase83

Original Post

Re: EA account linking to a new Xbox Account

★★★ Newbie

Just wanted to weigh in and confirm that trying EA help chat and explaining directly that you want to get around the 'once per lifetime' rule and connect a new xbox account will work. You may have to try different agents until you find one that will help you, I was lucky on my second attempt.

To get chat, go to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ and follow: Origin > PC > Manage My Account > Manage Account Details.

*NOTE*

As part of getting my account linked, I was given this advice to get around a login error I was receiving as a result of my attempt:

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:
1. Completely log out and close down Origin
2. Hold down the Windows key and R
3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
4. Now open the Origin folder.
5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
6. Hold down the Windows key and R
7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
10. Open the Local folder here
11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

I followed these instructions (without restarting my PC) and magically I was able to log in and connect my account. I would suggest unlinking your old Xbox account through https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/connectaccounts/index and trying this step first to see if that solves your issue.

If not then your only hope is to try, try again until you find someone who will help you. Good luck! Standard smile

Message 351 of 392 (1,961 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, but cant reach the support. Can someone help please?

Message 352 of 392 (1,882 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just leaving a reply to let EA know it's unacceptable and there are many of us encountering this issue..

Message 353 of 392 (1,801 Views)

★★ Novice

Tagging in on this extremely dumb issue as well.  This is NOT a technical limitation and is beyond dumb as a policy decision.

Message 354 of 392 (1,763 Views)

★★ Novice

I finally spoke to the correct chat analyst and they were able to give me a one-time exception and allowed me to link my new xbox account to my ea account.

( 5s ) Agent: Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Agent, may I start with your first name please?
( 28s ) Visitor: User
( 48s ) Agent: Hi User, Nice to meet you.
( 51s ) Agent: How may I help you today ?
( 1m 55s ) Visitor: Trying to find an analyst that will help me bypass the lifetime account link restriction
( 4m 23s ) Agent: No worries, I will check the detail and do my best to help you with the account linking concern.
( 4m 31s ) Agent: May I have the email of EA account please ?
( 5m 15s ) Visitor: [edit: email address removed]
( 6m 42s ) Agent: It seems you have already unlink one Xbox from the Ea account. Just to be sure, did you unlink old xbox and now want to link new or correct Xbox account with this EA account ?
( 7m 32s ) Visitor: That's correct
( 9m 9s ) Agent: No worries, I can help you with that.
( 9m 34s ) Agent: I am creating an one time exception for you so that you can link new Xbox with same EA account.
Message 355 of 392 (1,748 Views)

★ Novice

This is to confirm that the one time exception linking is legit.

I talked to a support rep named Rakshit, he handled it in 30 sec. I was able to link my steam to the correct EA account.

Whoohoooo

Message 356 of 392 (1,687 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@-6thAD-Bogard Lmaoooo good one
Message 357 of 392 (1,605 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@t3rm1n8d I hate EA for this nonsense! You guys are the terrible support and no help whatsoever. I keep getting every * that claims there is nothing they can do. to everyone that no longer has to deal with this you are so god damn lucky
Message 358 of 392 (1,583 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally did it! The claims about needing the correct advisor are 100% true. I couldn't be happier! Shoutout Mr S! You're a legend! <3

Message 359 of 392 (1,566 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@DaggerTree btw, I also used your script as a blueprint so thank you so much!
Message 360 of 392 (1,565 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help