EA account linking to a new Xbox Account

by tmase83

Original Post

Re: EA account linking to a new Xbox Account

★★★ Guide

@Qrusher14242 wrote:

@thekurseThe only reason i can see is to unlink and relink to a new EA account. I wish it would have a big warning when saying you could never link another Xbox account. I don't get the point either, i have access to my email and access to all accounts involved, who cares if i link another xbox to an EA account?? just a baffling choice to limit it to 1 account ever.

@EA_Jason I did see one way i could maybe get it linked was to launch an EA game on an xbox console, but i dont own a current gen one. I mean, i have a 360, but not sure any of those EA games servers still work or if i could get it working again.

I agree the whole thing about only ever linking one xbox account over the lifetime of your EA account seems arbitrary.

Forcing people to make a second EA account just to access EA Play content, separate from the EA account that you normally use would certainly serve to inflate the apparent number of users using the service. Im sure this is a metric that someone's performance bonus is tied to, or maybe I'm being a cynic.

I suspect, like you my EA account got linked, probably without much input from me, when I owned an Xbox 360. The only EA title I owned on Xbox was BF4, which I doubt I played more than once or twice, and I certainly don't recall being made aware of a lifetime restriction on account linking back then. 

Message 11 of 392 (3,209 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have the same error, after unlinking my old, unused xbox account.

@EA_Jason EA's system will not permit you to link an Xbox account to your EA account if there has ever been another Xbox account linked to this account, period it seems. 6 month stand down period or not.

It's very frustrating. 

Message 12 of 392 (3,207 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem, i cant believe that i have to create a new EA account to link my actual Xbox account. I will lose all my games. Very bad Teeth bared

Message 13 of 392 (3,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm holding off creating a new EA account partly for that reason. Plus I don't want to link a secondary EA account to my primary Xbox account because I fear this will make things more complicated to resolve should a solution to this issue be forthcoming. 

I've tweeted at EAHelp on twitter - https://twitter.com/Tim20802273/status/1373422065710100480

And I know of at least one Reddit thread about this issue - https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/m815h4/ea_accounts_can_only_ever_have_one_xbox_accoun...

@thekurse is trying other social media avenues to get a response.

So far I don't think anyone has heard much of substance.

Please let us know if you get a resolution.

Message 14 of 392 (3,152 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Jason Gamer friendly(!) EA! No solution, always make difficulties!
Message 15 of 392 (3,147 Views)

★ Guide

The whole system is borked.

An old roommate linked his xbox gamertag to my EA account on what I assume was an old Xbox I had so many years ago. EA chat folk who cannot think, just spurt out call scripts, want me to authenticate that account before they will remove it... hello... I don't have access to that account. 

I can verify on Xbox all day long, but they cant remove it.

Now if I do successfully get it removed, I have to wait 6 months to link it... I now either lose all my xbox achievements, purchases just to create a new account. Or, I wait 6 months. This is such a vile garbage system.

Message 16 of 392 (3,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Plus I don't want to link a secondary EA account to my primary Xbox account because I fear this will make things more complicated to resolve should a solution to this issue be forthcoming. 

Same here. Feel like things will just be extra convoluted and hard for any EA agents to understand how to fix if I add another account to the mix.

Seems that @EA_Jason has noped out of this conversation so I don’t expect help from that direction.

Hope EA support can prove me wrong in the thought that they are unwilling to help a bunch of long time customers with what seems like a pretty simple issue to fix. 

Message 17 of 392 (3,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The thing that i dont get is why if EA and Microsoft came with this new system between game pass and ea access , EA doesnt think this issue early, why it has to be that complicated and tricky. I believe the only way to solve this is to wait to EA to reconsider the actual system with xbox. But i really think is going to take a lot of time...

Message 18 of 392 (3,104 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't think EA's system will let you link your existing EA account to another xbox account whether you wait six months or not.

The whole process is ambiguous and poorly worded in my opinion. 

Message 19 of 392 (3,100 Views)

★ Guide

They clearly did not think about this, or if they did, warranted it as not an issue to delay pushing out EA Play.

My situation is jacked, EA Chat keeps telling me I have to verify a hacker EA account to unlink. 

Message 20 of 392 (3,081 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help