EA account linking to a new Xbox Account

by tmase83

Original Post

Re: EA account linking to a new Xbox Account

★ Guide

@Mephiston wrote:

@Zirocks wrote:

For me, the only reason why this "system" is in place is to avoid people to have unlimited 1$ Gamepass to their EA account ( link GP with first month 1$ to EA, unlink at the end and link another one etc ... ) but this does not excuse their lack of support and tool to help us.

This problem should obviously be fixed in chat or call, I mean we're not pirate or trying to exploit their system, we're just legit users blocked by a nearly decade old account linking to a fresh new system...

That is an assumption born from frustration of a system that is not working as intended, in an unforseen circumstance. It is really unfortunate, yes, and this whole thing could be better explained as being a "beta" system, rather than a full working live system.

There is a limit to what CSRs can do when the system is engineered poorly and not able to adapt to current requirements, which is the case here.

Remember, this single account lockdown was a recent change for the reasons outlined earlier. I'm not excusing it in the slightest, as like I said before, I had to migrate to an entirely new account to get both working, thereby losing access to well over a decade's worth of saved games, online history, and the like, but hopefully like others have said this issue gains enough traction so that they can change the system.

System changes are slow, and usually need a body of evidence to back them up before they are implemented. The evidence is growing with everyone that complains here, but it won't be done overnight.

Hopefully soon though.

Having developed CSR facing solutions in the past, my assumption here is that some developer got the business requirement of "hide this UI element so CSR's do not have this ability" and either commented out the HTML or did something like a display: none / <[hidden]="true">.  I highly doubt this was heavily thought through so I'm hoping that it was this reactionary and will be a quick fix when it comes to development time (that does not account for testing time and production build time though).  That's if they decide to fix it.

Message 91 of 392 (1,784 Views)

★ Apprentice
@thekurse Well, for anyone that doesn't particularly care about their gaming history, there is a solution. The wonderful representative I dealt with (Kat, if anyone is reading this with the option to give them a commendation) transferred all the games possible over to a new account, while keeping my old account open with all the old games that could not transfer over (like crusader no remorse, simcity 2000, the original syndicate, etc).

Just go through @EAHelp on twitter, as email support is completely useless and I just wish I had the capacity to make a complaint about them, and they'll sort out anyone that is happy to lose their account history in order to gain access to EA Play.

For everyone else, hopefully they are able to engineer a fix that allows CSR access to clear the account link flags and let people re-link their accounts.
Message 92 of 392 (1,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

All of the EAHelp people have been cool. This definitely isn't their fault, and I've been happy with how they've handled it thus far. I'm also happy that they're transferring licenses for people who that solution works for. I just hope it gets far enough to get into the hands of people who can actually fix it.

Message 93 of 392 (1,914 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Mephiston wrote:
@thekurseWell, for anyone that doesn't particularly care about their gaming history, there is a solution. The wonderful representative I dealt with (Kat, if anyone is reading this with the option to give them a commendation) transferred all the games possible over to a new account, while keeping my old account open with all the old games that could not transfer over (like crusader no remorse, simcity 2000, the original syndicate, etc).

Just go through @EAHelp on twitter, as email support is completely useless and I just wish I had the capacity to make a complaint about them, and they'll sort out anyone that is happy to lose their account history in order to gain access to EA Play.

For everyone else, hopefully they are able to engineer a fix that allows CSR access to clear the account link flags and let people re-link their accounts.

Good luck to you and I wish you well. I am pleased you found someone to help you do that. The twitter people at EA seem to be the most helpful and forthcoming, probably they aren't outsourced. But that isn't something I am prepared to do. The longer you've had an account and the more content and progression you have associated with that account, the more skin you have in the game. The more longstanding a customer you are, the more severely this problem effects you.

Message 94 of 392 (1,913 Views)

★ Guide

@-6thAD-Bogard wrote:

All of the EAHelp people have been cool. This definitely isn't their fault, and I've been happy with how they've handled it thus far. I'm also happy that they're transferring licenses for people who that solution works for. I just hope it gets far enough to get into the hands of people who can actually fix it.

Agreed.  So far most of the EA people have been fine, though there has definitely been some "copy pasting" solutions without actually reading the issue which can be irritating (though understandable with the sheer amount of cases they see a day I'm sure).

I did get sent a survey today about my EA chat experience.  I made sure to let them know what I think of their "single tier" CSR system and how dissatisfied I was with my "solution", but I did give kudos to my agent for being friendly and professional. 

I do think they may want to get on the same page when it comes to telling consumers that this is a recent change and on this forum at least, no longer send people with this issue to chat/phone agents since they have no way of helping us either.  A clear, concise statement of "This is a new policy, it is a technical limitation that our CSR's cannot overcome, please bear with us" (which to be fair is what was finally said by EA_Jason today).

I stand by that this is an awful policy and I will not be creating a new account to use my EA Play benefits.  I can wait to play FIFA, Madden, BF V (the only Battlefield I haven't bought since 1942), and the rest until this is sorted out.  

Message 95 of 392 (1,877 Views)

★★ Guide

Bumping this so it doesn't fall off the first page. This isn't a resolved issue.

Message 96 of 392 (1,801 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @-6thAD-Bogard there is no need to bump the thread. As noted above, we have taken all the feedback shared on this board and escalated it to the team.

Beyond this, there is currently nothing more that we can do.

If something should change or we have an update of any kind then we will be sure to share that with you all.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 97 of 392 (1,794 Views)

★★ Guide

That's cool. I'll be here until we get more of a firm response.

Message 98 of 392 (1,772 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Should I expect this issue to be fixed soon, or should I go ahead and scrap my existing EA account and use a new one just so I can use Xbox Game Pass with EA Play? Will I receive a refund for the games I have purchased on my original account?

Message 99 of 392 (1,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@edmanning555 wrote:

Should I expect this issue to be fixed soon, or should I go ahead and scrap my existing EA account and use a new one just so I can use Xbox Game Pass with EA Play? Will I receive a refund for the games I have purchased on my original account?

They can transfer licenses from an old account to a new one, but some content, saves, and stats won't be transferred over.

I don't think we can expect anything, but I'm going to keep asking. They've gone ahead and told us that this was a change in policy, in most cases initiated long after our dead Xbox accounts were linked to our long standing (and now tarnished) EA accounts. "Make another account" is a terrible solution for users who have thousands of hours of stuff attached to those accounts. But we have to wait for bureaucracy and development, because everyone else's hands are tied.

They want you to make a new account and forget about the issue because it's the easiest solution for EA.

Message 100 of 392 (1,628 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help