Re: EA account linking to a new Xbox Account

by Gaycob

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The EA Help page relating to unlinking accounts was updated today, - https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/ The first update since February 3.

This is the page that EA support stated that we should check regarding updates to  account linking restrictions. Unfortunately there has been no change to help us - in point of fact the warning relating to the one time account linking is now stated more clearly:

"You can unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account if you want to link them to a different EA Account, as long as that EA Account has never had the same account type linked to it before in its lifetime.

That means if you unlink an Xbox gamertag from your EA Account, you can’t link a different Xbox gamertag to it in the future."

This really the only noticeable change I was able to identify, and one that does nothing to help those with linked 3rd party accounts that are dead, hacked, unused or otherwise no longer accessible.

I fear that when @Captain-Gaudreau says 'I really hope EA offers a solution, but I highly doubt it.', that he will be proved right. Though as a company, EA must strive to do better if this is an accurate reflection of how customers feel. It is certainly a sentiment that I am beginning to share. 

Keep bringing attention to this issue is all we can do.

Message 151 of 392 (1,306 Views)

★ Guide

@tmase83 wrote:

The EA Help page relating to unlinking accounts was updated today, - https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/ The first update since February 3.

This is the page that EA support stated that we should check regarding updates to  account linking restrictions. Unfortunately there has been no change to help us - in point of fact the warning relating to the one time account linking is now stated more clearly:

"You can unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account if you want to link them to a different EA Account, as long as that EA Account has never had the same account type linked to it before in its lifetime.

That means if you unlink an Xbox gamertag from your EA Account, you can’t link a different Xbox gamertag to it in the future."

This really the only noticeable change I was able to identify, and one that does nothing to help those with linked 3rd party accounts that are dead, hacked, unused or otherwise no longer accessible.

I fear that when @Captain-Gaudreau says 'I * EA offers a solution, but I highly doubt it.', that he will be proved right. Though as a company, EA must strive to do better if this is an accurate reflection of how customers feel. It is certainly a sentiment that I am beginning to share. 

Keep bringing attention to this issue is all we can do.

Yeah that update to the page A) Would have been nice when I linked my Xbox account 14 years ago and B) When I initially unlinked things (even though it wouldnt matter since I dont even use that Xbox account anymore).

It is not looking good for a change to this policy.   As much as I'm looking forward to the Mass Effect Legendary release, new BF info, etc etc I'm of the opinion right now that I will no longer buy anything from their storefront and heavily leaning toward no longer buying any EA products at all.  I always heard about how poor EA's customer service is but actually experiencing it has been pretty eye opening.  

Message 152 of 392 (1,275 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still not updates from them? YIKES!

The Einstein that came up with this totally insane account linking process/policy really needs to not have a job in the games industry is a nice way of putting it. pretty much all the EA games on my Xbox are now no longer playable because they require an EA account but if I can't link my xbox account I'm using to the EA account then I'm pretty much * when it comes to any EA titles from past or future.  

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!

Message 153 of 392 (1,263 Views)

★★ Guide

@thekurse wrote:

It is not looking good for a change to this policy.   As much as I'm looking forward to the Mass Effect Legendary release, new BF info, etc etc I'm of the opinion right now that I will no longer buy anything from their storefront and heavily leaning toward no longer buying any EA products at all.  I always heard about how poor EA's customer service is but actually experiencing it has been pretty eye opening.  

We don't need them to change their policy. We need them to make an acception for accounts that were linked 15 years ago. I very much doubt this policy was designed to hamper the experience of their customers, but here we are. I'm sure their protecting their FIFA content or something on the console side. Most of us don't even appear to be console gamers, which is probably why we're all experiencing this now instead of previously.

Just fix our damn accounts. I don't need to be able to indefinitely link Xbox accounts. Just one.

Message 154 of 392 (1,248 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im having the same issue as the others here. Unable to link my current xbox account to my ea account because it is already linked to an older xbox account from the 360 days which is no longer in use (has not been for 10-15 years).

Im shocked that this is a lifetime link and i hoped contacting ea (and going through this thread) would help me, but it seems like its impossible for some reason.

Message 155 of 392 (1,171 Views)

★ Guide

It has been months, and I still cannot fully enjoy the content I paid for. 

EA Games is yet again failing to provide any kind of service to their loyal customers that have had an EA account WAY before the Game Pass x EA Play combo, with a policy that wasn't yet implemented back in the day.

This is an issue caused by EA themselves and they refuse to even respond with any type of feedback since the first few days of this thread.

Not that anyone at EA cares, but I'll be sure to give feedback to Microsoft on why I cancelled my subscription.

Message 156 of 392 (1,117 Views)

★★ Guide

@Scrpzr wrote:

It has been months, and I still cannot fully enjoy the content I paid for. 

EA Games is yet again failing to provide any kind of service to their loyal customers that have had an EA account WAY before the Game Pass x EA Play combo, with a policy that wasn't yet implemented back in the day.

This is an issue caused by EA themselves and they refuse to even respond with any type of feedback since the first few days of this thread.

Not that anyone at EA cares, but I'll be sure to give feedback to Microsoft on why I cancelled my subscription.

They're just straight up ignoring us now too.

Message 157 of 392 (1,109 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yep they totally ignore us.

It seems like unless some major medias would talk about it ( wich I don't think it will ever happen ) we will never see changes, at least for now, because their stupid policies is clearly a time bomb that will explode sooner or later.

And,seriously, in all of my gamer life, this is the first time ever I feel so powerless against a problem, I just feel that they totally don't care, they even probably are in the wrong side of law, but they just don't care at all of us.

And the fact that is such a stupid problem and how easy it is possible to fix it ( even without letting everyone switching over and over account ) frustrate me even more ...

The saddest part here is that i'm a Battlefield player since the 1942, I bought every copy of the series then ( yes even hardline :D ), I heard that the next Battlefield will be on the gamepass, wich it seems that I'll never be able to play it on my original EA account, so I will be "forced" to buy it.
( I know i'm not really forced to, but I really don't want to switch my ea acc. and erase my 10 years+ old of bf stats )
So yeah EA is winning (at least for me ) by ignoring us ...

Message 158 of 392 (937 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same problem as everyone in here. I just wanted to play some FIFA with my friend. EA should pay us for the time we are here waiting for using their games on their absurd service. Can't even play with my friends because of two accounts from my Xbox 360 that were linked automatically yeeears ago. I DONT EVEN HAVE THE CONSOLE EITHER THE GAMES ANYMORE. 

Message 159 of 392 (882 Views)

★ Apprentice

I doubt they will make a change to this decision. I'm in the same situation, in that I unlinked my old 360 accounts. I'm now unable to link my pc game pass.

At the end of the day EA is here to make money, so by having this policy it means that customers have to buy products multiple times resulting in more revenue. Win win for them, big loss for us

Message 160 of 392 (823 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help