Re: EA account linking to a new Xbox Account

by -6thAD-Bogard

Original Post

★★★ Guide

I did see some kind of development roadmap linked on twitter a while back, but it didn't look to have anything this granular of a level indicated on it.

https://trello.com/b/tSV7CSSH/ea-desktop-roadmap

Don't have time to go through it now, it may have been updated. 

Message 131 of 392 (1,106 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem as well. I have repeatedly requested support from the xbox team and the ea team. They didn't even understand my problem. My EA account and Xbox account that I have used for years are in the same mail. I cannot link this account. all my uploads are complete (EA Desktop) My account is open in two places. I can see my BF4 game installed on the EA Desktop screen on the Xbox page, but it does not run and I cannot add a new game via xbox, for example sims 4 or BF5. A blank screen pops up and disappears. For this reason I cannot link my accounts.

Message 132 of 392 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, I've unlinked my old Xbox account and now it seems like I have to wait six months before I can link a new one. This is insane...

Message 133 of 392 (1,058 Views)

★★★ Guide

You may find that even if you do wait the 6 months that the system as it currently stands will never allow you to link a different xbox account to your EA account because its had an Xbox account linked to it previously in its lifetime.

That's the policy/system restriction that has caused most posters in here so much trouble. 

Message 134 of 392 (1,028 Views)

★★ Guide

@raz3rITA wrote:

I have the same issue, I've unlinked my old Xbox account and now it seems like I have to wait six months before I can link a new one. This is insane...

The sixth month thing is apparently for linking the old Xbox account to a new EA account, not for linking a new Xbox account to your old EA account.

It is insane.

Message 135 of 392 (976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am one of many with this issue.

Around 10 years ago I signed into an EA game on my brothers Xbox. With the current policy of only allowing one Xbox account per EA profile, my actions 10 years ago (without a disclaimer at that time letting me understand that this issue would arise) PERMANENTLY ruined my EA account as I cannot link my xbox gamertag to my EA account.

So my only option is to create a new EA account, orphaning all of my old EA data in an old (current) account.

As a customer I feel that this policy was made without understanding or putting customers needs first.

Would have loved to use Xbox game pass w/ EA. But I simply refuse to split my accounts in light of this very serious engineering flaw. 

Message 136 of 392 (945 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here, wanted to give a try to new EA games with the game pass.

Unfortunately my ea account, with all my old BF games, is linked to a 10y old unused xbox account.

As everybody else in this thread I dont dont to create another ea account as i dont want progress in games to be split between 2 ea accounts, and i dont want to remember another account login.

Its a shame that such a design flaw isnt taken seriously since it's been there for months and is literally blocking people from playing your games.

Thanks everyone in this thread for the time spent investigating ! Hoping to see this fixed in a near future.

Message 137 of 392 (905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@ReeLitenourAs I can see, EA is a joke, this account linking problem with other platforms is ridiculous, the only platform that EA fixed the linking was with steam and it was just after Apex Legends came to steam because thousends of users were reporting this problem, before that they would do nothing for the users who had the wrong steam account linked to origin or vice versa. I only discovered this thread by @tmase83. You guys can check my thread also, where I have a problem with the wrong Epic Games account linked to my Origin. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Wrong-Epic-Games-account-linked-to-Origin/td-p/9962691
It is marked as solved for some reason but it is not solved at all.

Message 138 of 392 (884 Views)

★★★ Novice
@-6thAD-Bogard what? seriously?
Message 139 of 392 (836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@raz3rITAYes seriously. If you have ever linked an Xbox account to your EA account, that original Xbox account is the only Xbox account that may ever be linked to that EA account. 6 months is only a cooldown for your existing Xbox account after it has been unlinked from one EA account in case you want to link it to another (also a very bad policy).

It's a terrible policy that seems to be affecting a decent portion of their customer base that they have gone completely radio silent on.

Message 140 of 392 (770 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help