Re: EA account linking to a new Xbox Account

by thekurse

Original Post

★★ Guide

@Scrpzr wrote:

If this is a way to tell the people in this thread that they're working on it, then it's a very strange way to communicate it. I just think one of the managers agrees with the topic. That's it.

Honestly, agree. I'm not sure if they're being supportive or if we're being trolled.

Message 121 of 392 (1,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@-6thAD-Bogard wrote:

@Scrpzr wrote:

If this is a way to tell the people in this thread that they're working on it, then it's a very strange way to communicate it. I just think one of the managers agrees with the topic. That's it.

Honestly, agree. I'm not sure if they're being supportive or if we're being trolled.

Maybe a little of A and a little of B?  I feel like if they wanted us to know they were working on it, someone would come out and actually say, "Hey this is getting development time!  No ETA yet but it's definitely getting worked on." 

Though that can bite them in the a** if they don't deliver... so maybe just granting 85XP on a post is there to make us feel better.  Who knows? 

Message 122 of 392 (948 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem too.

Linked an xbox 360 tag years ago and now two console generations later... that means I can't link my Microsoft gamepass account.

Seems very bizarre. I assume the backend is a mess, I can't see why this would be a security feature.

Message 123 of 392 (932 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Is there any news?
Message 124 of 392 (888 Views)

★★★ Guide

@thekurse wrote:

@-6thAD-Bogard wrote:

@Scrpzr wrote:

Maybe a little of A and a little of B?  I feel like if they wanted us to know they were working on it, someone would come out and actually say, "Hey this is getting development time!  No ETA yet but it's definitely getting worked on." 

Though that can bite them in the a** if they don't deliver... so maybe just granting 85XP on a post is there to make us feel better.  Who knows? 

I actually think that is a bot account that's gotten confused. I think I've seen it add XP to 'solutions' across the forums. Perhaps in this instance it thought this post was marked as a solution when it isn't.

Could mean something, could mean nothing.

Yep, it's been nearly four weeks now, and we've heard nothing definitive one way or the other, which is disappointing. As you say @thekurse it would be better if someone just came out and said hold tight, it's on our to-do list, nowhere near the top, but it's there.

Still no changes to the unlinking accounts page since early February. 

Message 125 of 392 (861 Views)

★ Guide

Saw a post over on the EA Play PC forums that they might be working on a fix:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Play-PC/ea-team-or-working-on-a-fix-for-pc-game-pass-liking/m-p/1023775...

Could be hearsay though. Kind of a "Heard from a guy who heard from a guy" situation.

Message 126 of 392 (856 Views)

★★ Apprentice

prolly a troll, their thread is random when they could have posted on the 13 page thread instead.

Message 127 of 392 (851 Views)

★★★ Guide

Does seem like an odd thing to create a whole new forum thread about, but then I'm sure there are lots of frustrated people out there.

I don't know how easy this thread is to find.

I just don't have the time to go on the chat to ask about progress and policy changes proactively, but maybe something is happening.

Absent any new information from anyone officially, we live in hope! 

Message 128 of 392 (846 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Any news round camp fire on a fix?

Message 129 of 392 (769 Views)

★ Guide
@Gaycob Nothing yet. I'm wondering if there's a changelog we can view anywhere for updates to EA Play services / EA Desktop app?
Message 130 of 392 (749 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help