EA account linked to someone else's PSN account

by Clockwork2517

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA account linked to someone else's PSN account

★ Novice

So I bought Anthem on the PS4 while it was on sale. I tried logging in but I got an error message saying that my EA account is already linked to some random PSN account.

This was my first PS4 game from EA so I never logged into the EA account before. 

Just to double check I went onto my EA account and it says that there is no accounts linked to it.

I tried to follow what the FAQ says and I've tried to contact support. Both of which were unsuccessful. With the message from support being that I could "create a new account" or wait "until this known issue has been resolved."

Is there anything I can do to fix this without having to set up a new email and a new EA account?

Thanks

Message 1 of 16 (5,403 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA account linked to someone else's PSN account

Community Manager

Hey @Clockwork2517 if our live team has advised you that there is nothing that they can currently do in relation to your issue then there is nothing that we would be able to do on AHQ to change this.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 16 (5,378 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Clockwork2517 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 16 (5,385 Views)

★ Novice

That's the thing. I've was chatting with one of the help desk staff and after an 1hour and 10min the result was:

"I have spoken to our team regarding your issue."

"They advise that its a known issue and you have to wait to get this resolved"

"Else, you can link your PSN ID with a new EA Account."

And with no date it's kind of frustrating to wait for a fix that may happen at some point in the future. And having to set up a brand new email account and a new EA account just to play one game feels kind of silly.

Is there really nothing else that can be done?

Message 3 of 16 (5,381 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Clockwork2517 if our live team has advised you that there is nothing that they can currently do in relation to your issue then there is nothing that we would be able to do on AHQ to change this.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 16 (5,379 Views)

★ Novice

I understand. I was just wondering if anyone else had something similar happen to them.

Message 5 of 16 (5,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I have this same problem. So i go on my console and i download Apex Legends, I log into my ea account and it says "Your ea account is already linked to another PSN account" and then i realize that was my old account, i go on my ea account unlink it then i go back to apex legends restart it, then it still says its still linked to my old account Ea please fix this problem.

Message 6 of 16 (5,314 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have the same issue. Currently unable to play any EA games online on my new PS5. They better get this fixed soon or I’m refunding...

Message 7 of 16 (5,286 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 16 (5,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did this issue ever get resolved? BC I’m facing this BS now..... If not, can we get someone else here other than Darko to actually assist us with this issue? Honestly, live support is a joke at this point. Some of us NEED this to work due to strict quarantine guidelines. I can’t connect my EA account to my new PSN account even after I unlinked it from the old account. DO SOMETHING! smh

Message 9 of 16 (4,949 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @rajfuse2000 when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

If our live support team is unable to assist then I'm sorry to say that there is nothing that we can do to change this on AHQ. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 16 (4,915 Views)