EA Wallet Problem

by sararies1972

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Wallet Problem

★ Apprentice

i have a problem with my EA wallet, I recently received a sims 4 gift card, I wanna put the amount on my EA wallet but when I click "add more" that's next to the wallet funds that's in the payment methods of my account, it comes up with a blank white box that just says "add funds to your EA wallet", there isn't any box to type the number,what do I do? as I cant return the gift card back to the shop cos I already tore off the black strip covering the number at the back of the card, please could you give me help and advice ASAP, I was really looking forward to adding my funds to my wallet

Message 1 of 10 (2,070 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA Wallet Problem

@sararies1972  I don't know why it's not working for you; what you've described is the standard method of adding funds to your account.  You should see a field to enter your code, not a blank box.  But I'm not sure how to troubleshoot that for you right now.

On the other hand, I know that you can use the Origin app to add funds to your account, because I just tested it myself.  You don't have to buy anything either.  Here's how:

• Open the Origin app, and sign in.
  • Don't click on any options.  Instead, type "sims 4" in the search box in the upper left corner of the Origin window.
  • You'll get a list of Sims 4 products.  If you don't see what you want, click on "View all in store."
  • Pick some Sims 4 pack that you don't own, and click on it.  Important: you won't have to buy this item.  This is just a shortcut to adding your EA wallet funds to your account.
  • On that packs's product page, click the orange button that says Buy Now.
  • A window will come up that says Payment Information.  Click the tab that says EA Wallet.
  • Click the message "Add funds to your EA wallet."
  • If you don't see the text field to add your gift card number, scroll down a bit.  The window should look like the screenshot I shared.

If this doesn't work, please post back describing what you see, including any error messages you get.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (2,010 Views)

All Replies

@sararies1972  Are you trying to buy through the Origin website, or the app?  If you go through the app, it's easy enough to apply the gift card to your purchase.  Find the content you want, click Buy Now, and pick EA Wallet from the list of options.  When you click on the option to add funds to your EA wallet, you'll see this:

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 9.05.55 AM.png

Be sure to scroll down while your cursor is inside that smaller window, or you may not see the field for the card code towards the bottom.

Message 2 of 10 (2,043 Views)

★ Apprentice

I went on my pc & logged into origin & clicked on payment & billing, that took me to the website that showed me my account & so I clicked on the payment part where you add funds to your wallet, I didn’t know there is an origin app? Is there an app you can add funds to your EA wallet? Or could I just log into my EA account on my phone & add funds through my phone instead of going on the pc? Will my added funds still be there if I logged back into my account on the pc?

Message 3 of 10 (2,036 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sararies1972  You'll need the Origin application to download any games.  This is different than origin.com.  I'm not sure whether you've installed the Origin app yet, but here's where to find it:

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

You don't need to download the Origin app to buy games, though.  The app and origin.com work the same way when it comes to purchases.  Instead of clicking payment and billing, type Sims 4 into the search field in the upper left corner of your screen.  Find the item you want to buy and click on it, hit Buy Now, and then you'll see a bunch of tabs listing different payment options.  Click on the one that says EA Wallet.  Now you'll see the window in the screenshot I posted earlier.

Your funds will be available no matter which platform you use, as long as you're logged into the correct account, of course.  But it's better to use the app or a website than your phone.  EA products don't always work well with mobile devices, and there's less chance of an error if you use your PC.

Message 4 of 10 (2,030 Views)

★ Apprentice

In that case then yes I do have the origin app cos I been playing the sims 4 for a long time now, but it’s only since last year that I been adding funds from a gift card onto my EA wallet, the last time I added funds to my EA wallet was January last year & it went ok cos I just went to my account & clicked on payment method, that shows the amount you have in your wallet & at the end it shows add more, so I clicked that like I did last year, only this time it show up with a blank box, I ain’t got enough funds to buy a game & I don’t know how to split pay, I can’t use my debit card cos it wouldn’t allow me to do that either

Message 5 of 10 (2,017 Views)

@sararies1972  I don't know why it's not working for you; what you've described is the standard method of adding funds to your account.  You should see a field to enter your code, not a blank box.  But I'm not sure how to troubleshoot that for you right now.

On the other hand, I know that you can use the Origin app to add funds to your account, because I just tested it myself.  You don't have to buy anything either.  Here's how:

• Open the Origin app, and sign in.
  • Don't click on any options.  Instead, type "sims 4" in the search box in the upper left corner of the Origin window.
  • You'll get a list of Sims 4 products.  If you don't see what you want, click on "View all in store."
  • Pick some Sims 4 pack that you don't own, and click on it.  Important: you won't have to buy this item.  This is just a shortcut to adding your EA wallet funds to your account.
  • On that packs's product page, click the orange button that says Buy Now.
  • A window will come up that says Payment Information.  Click the tab that says EA Wallet.
  • Click the message "Add funds to your EA wallet."
  • If you don't see the text field to add your gift card number, scroll down a bit.  The window should look like the screenshot I shared.

If this doesn't work, please post back describing what you see, including any error messages you get.

Message 6 of 10 (2,011 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok i’ll try doing that tomorrow morning, but just to ask, if I do see the add funds to EA wallet & I type the card number, what happens next? As you said it’s part of purchasing a game pack that I don’t have enough for, what’ll happen after i’ve Added the card number?

Message 7 of 10 (2,004 Views)

@sararies1972  After you add the card number, you check the box to accept EA's terms and conditions, then click the button to add the funds to your account.  At that point, you can close the window and not buy anything.  The money will still be added, and it will be available when you want it.

Message 8 of 10 (1,997 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok i’ll Try & do what you told me in the morning & i’ll get back to you on how it went, if more problems arise i’ll let you know, I hope this method works for me, thanks 

Message 9 of 10 (1,993 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you so much, I did what you said to do (add funds through a game purchase) & it worked a treat, i’ll Remember this in future 

Message 10 of 10 (1,969 Views)