Re: EA ACCOUNT RECOVERY NIGHTMARE

by KwesieGustavo

Original Post

EA ACCOUNT RECOVERY NIGHTMARE

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I tried to login to play battlefront last Sunday (4/26) and got error code 4,975. No ea account (Item A). I went to the ea site and tried to login to my account. I could not. It said my account was expired. The email that is associated with my ea account is my college email, which I no longer have access to and could not recover the password. I tried to login through my psn, it said my account was invalid (Item B). Why my account became invalid in the first place remains a mystery to me.  I dove into the help forum and saw I would need to verify my account ownership. Since I could not login, I had to create a new account to get help. So, in making my new account I made sure it had the same email as my PSN so they would be easy to link and verify my identity. It will be a simple process I thought, oh how I was wrong.  I have since had 5 cases opened and each closed or marked resolved with the problem being fixed. They all have been the same not helpful copy and paste conversations. No one will tell me why this is happening, what caused it or why I could not login to my account via my PSN. They all direct me to fill out : http://help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form . I have filled out this form several times. It asks for name, date of birth,  emails for the account, psn account name, ps4 ip address, ea games purchased. Every time I have filled it out with this information, I have gotten the same copy and paste response that it was not enough information to verify the account. Why wasn't it enough even though I filled out the whole form that you asked me to? They don't say specifically. Just tell you to fill out the form again (Item C). Now the form is not working (item D). I told them this in my last chat I was able to do that the form was not working, (as I am also unable to open new cases) and they just sent the same copy and paste message to me to fill out the form again, even though I had just informed them that the form does not work. I went to find another link to the account recovery from (item E). It still does not work (Item E). This really makes me feel like I am being sent in circles, doing what is asked of me and EA has no interest in actually working with me to resolve this issue. If there are further steps that are needed to verify my identity EA does not seem interested in helping. I have asked several times for other forms of help, if we can just delete the old ea account, change the email, or talk on the phone but ea has not been responsive and has ignored this. 

I am extremely disappointed to say the least. If EA does not want to work with me on this issue I ask that my Battlefront game be refunded and I will wait for the day when EA loses the Star Wars franchise.

Message 1 of 16 (2,879 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Commie5555 Don’t hold your breath waiting for any help here just useless
Message 2 of 16 (2,824 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Commie5555 we are not able to comment on an account recovery case on AHQ. The best thing to do is to gather as much info as possible and fill the form out again.

Would it be possible to speak with your college to gain access to the email again?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 16 (2,766 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you not read this post carefully? The link to the form does not work. 

Where can I go to talk to someone, because I have not been able to contact anyone or open a new case for the past 4 days.

Message 4 of 16 (2,741 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Commie5555 Don't waste your time on this useless forums buddy, just fill out the form again and again and pray someone at EA help actually helps you out, good luck.
Message 5 of 16 (2,696 Views)

★★★ Novice
@KwesieGustavo yeah, you're right. I'll start praying. Maybe find a goat to sacrifice or some *. Thanks.
Message 6 of 16 (2,692 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
@Commie5555 Hahaha spot on there. They should honestly lock and delete this side of the forums, it’s just useless all the so called helpers direct you to EA help to fill out forums each time.
Message 7 of 16 (2,687 Views)

Community Manager

Just so you are aware @KwesieGustavo AHQ is a global community focused on players helping players.

If you need direct support from EA then you need to speak with our live support.

As for account recovery, if our account recovery team cannot grant you access to an account or make changes then I'm sorry to say but no other team can assist you with that.

Dakro

Darko.png
Message 8 of 16 (2,637 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Commie5555 You got anymore goats lol?
Message 9 of 16 (2,634 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I want a refund on all my ea games because I can't play them. Who do I talk to about that?
Message 10 of 16 (2,608 Views)