Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Dragon age II crashes on startup after being fine last night

by zerannn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon age II crashes on startup after being fine last night

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i started the game earlier today where it out of nowhere started lagging (which it never did considering inquisition doesn't) and then i exit the game to let the pc get some time to wait... an hour later i start the game again but then, it ''starts'' in a f-ed up fullscreen minimized screen hybrid where everything is full except the top bar of the game where the - square and x are. the sound hacks away wierdly and it shuts down... and as i already stated my pc did run the game the past 2 days with not a single issue on highest graphics and also run inquisition on highest graphics as well... the pc is a predator 17 laptop.

I also tried to uninstalled and re installed

pure speculation but it could be the full screen on startup could be the issue for some reason and i have no idea how to make it launch minimized from origin

Message 1 of 2 (57 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon age II crashes on startup after being fine last night

★★★★ Novice

managed to fix it... it was fullscreen=0 on the configure file and that made it crash... by simply making it fullscreen=1 it opened in fullscreen and works

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (42 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dragon age II crashes on startup after being fine last night

★★★★ Novice

managed to fix it... it was fullscreen=0 on the configure file and that made it crash... by simply making it fullscreen=1 it opened in fullscreen and works

Message 2 of 2 (43 Views)