Downloading origin thinsetup

by JesseJayne22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downloading origin thinsetup

★ Novice

I am trying to download origin and to do that its making me download origin thinsetup 1st but ever time it says i am missing the files MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll but i have spoken with EA support and we have downloaded the files manually run all the tests and when i still try and download origin it still says the files are missing. So EA support has decided to say oh well theres nothing else we can do sorry after taking my money for games. Is there anyone out there who actually knows what to do? Because this useless company doesn't even know how to fix their own problems!!!

Message 1 of 9 (1,806 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Downloading origin thinsetup

Community Manager

Hey @JesseJayne22 and @LadyT29138 this issue is caused by running an out of date VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)
  •  

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (1,701 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

I buy a new computer and I am having the same problem and I took the game off my other computer and trying to put my game on my new computer and have the same problem and I fix the files MSCVP140.DLL & VCRUNTIME140.DLL now it a new file error that show up 0xc000007b 

Message 2 of 9 (1,736 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @JesseJayne22 and @LadyT29138 this issue is caused by running an out of date VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)
  •  

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 9 (1,702 Views)

0xc00007b error

★★ Novice

Hello guyz.

When i tried to install origin to my new pc, pop up 0xc00007b error. I have watched like 20 videos where are fixing it but the error is still there. I install net framework, directx, visual c++ and tones of another solution. Do you have any ideas how to fix it? 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9 (1,725 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks it works!

Message 5 of 9 (1,672 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @smlk20.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (1,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, when I try to open the location to install it tells me that the page has been deleted, is there anything I can do?

Message 7 of 9 (1,609 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @corinpellow2006 can you grab me a screenshot of the exact error that you are seeing?

The more info we have the better we can help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 9 (1,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I have downloaded both of those, and ran them as admin. I've also ran repair on both. I still get the same error. Help?
Message 9 of 9 (1,541 Views)