Re: Downloading games without downloading origin?

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downloading games without downloading origin?

★★★ Novice

A bit ago, on certain mac types (Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5), Origin wouldn't show the games in your library and instead would show an error message.

This has been a problem for a while, and yet whenever anybody asks for help they're told to update their mac, instead of origin just fixing the problem they created.

The thing is, I can't update my mac, as it shows there are no more updates to download. Which I've looked for fixes for that too but couldn't find a working one.

The origin glitch isn't a new bug and hasn't always been a bug, as I used to play the sims on origin in the past.

When I log into origin on the website I can clearly see my sims games, but when I go back onto the app they're all gone, and any new game I download is gone too.

I was wondering if there's a way I can download my games from the origin website, or some other website rather than the app, without having to download them free from

some shady website. 

If needed, I can provide proof of purchase of my games.

Message 1 of 8 (1,137 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Yes @eeveeseeker, for some reason your Origin is not updated but this issue should be fixed on the most recent version. Please, update it by following these steps:

1. In the main menu, go to Origin > Application settings
  2. Scroll down to Client update section and turn on the option 'Automatically update Origin'.
  3. In the main menu again, go to Origin > Exit.
  4. Open Origin again, and it should trigger an update.
  5. Once it's done, check if your games show on 'My game library' again. If they don't, please check your Origin version again. It should be version 10.5.29.14153 - 0.

If Origin didn't update properly, please, download and install the latest version from: https://www.origin.com/store/download

If Origin updated and your games are showing again, feel free to turn off 'Automatically update Origin' option again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Mai

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (1,071 Views)

All Replies

★★ Expert

@eeveeseeker

Hello, I hope this video helps you! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g2FXyAC2fE

Message 2 of 8 (1,105 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @eeveeseeker,

Which version of Origin do you have installed? Please, make sure your Origin is updated, as that should help with this issue:

1. Open Origin client and log into your account
  2. On the main menu, go to Help > About
  3. A new window should open showing you the version of Origin you have installed

Could you share that version number with us?

-Mai

Message 3 of 8 (1,091 Views)

★★★ Novice

Version 10.5.24.5022 - 0

Message 4 of 8 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I don't think that video is going to help me.

First of all, I use a mac computer, so the layout is completely different, not only that,

but the games don't even show up in my library. I can only find them in the store section 

where it'll ask me to buy it again because it says i don't have it, so changing the install

location won't help.

Thank you though.

Message 5 of 8 (1,081 Views)

EA app Team

Yes @eeveeseeker, for some reason your Origin is not updated but this issue should be fixed on the most recent version. Please, update it by following these steps:

1. In the main menu, go to Origin > Application settings
  2. Scroll down to Client update section and turn on the option 'Automatically update Origin'.
  3. In the main menu again, go to Origin > Exit.
  4. Open Origin again, and it should trigger an update.
  5. Once it's done, check if your games show on 'My game library' again. If they don't, please check your Origin version again. It should be version 10.5.29.14153 - 0.

If Origin didn't update properly, please, download and install the latest version from: https://www.origin.com/store/download

If Origin updated and your games are showing again, feel free to turn off 'Automatically update Origin' option again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Mai

Message 6 of 8 (1,072 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi! Thank you so much! I already had automatically install updates on, but for some reason it wasn't working, but I went to the link you told me and installed the latest version and it worked!

Thank you <333

Message 7 of 8 (1,067 Views)

EA app Team
Glad to read that @eeveeseeker, enjoy! Standard smile

-Mai
Message 8 of 8 (1,064 Views)