Downloading New BFV update through Origin

by JonesingForaSoda

Original Post

Downloading New BFV update through Origin

★ Novice

Downloading New update through Origin

I would love nothing more than to play Battlefield V tonight with a friend, but unfortunately when I download the new update, the download speed cuts below 100 kb/s at about 50%. Eventually around 60% it will stop at 0 B/s, and the only way I've found to start it again is pausing the download and resuming. Harmless you may think, however, every time I resume the download, the file becomes larger, saying it will take even longer to download. I have restarted Origin, restarted my PC, even uninstalled origin to find out when I reinstalled, nothing had changed. I have now effectively wasted 2 1/2 hours of my time and I'm back at square one. I have followed every step any moderator has said to take on these forums, to no avail. To add insult to injury, I haven't even been able to find a customer support email, chat, or phone number. This has frustrated me beyond belief and seeing all the ineffective answers from EA mods, I am questioning the care put into the customer service for this game and the Origin platform as a whole. If anyone has any valid solutions, they would be greatly appreciated. Without a fix, this will unfortunately but undoubtedly be my last purchase from Origin or EA. I love the Battlefield series and have given it the benefit of the doubt and blind support for the past several titles, but at the moment this is seemingly the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak.

Message 1 of 2 (251 Views)

Re: Downloading New BFV update through Origin

Community Manager

Hi there, @JonesingForaSoda

You can reach a live support advisor by opening a case here: http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us. You can also try contacting @EAHelp on Twitter.

As far as your issue goes, have you tried performing a clean boot and then downloading the update? Those instructions are here: http://bit.ly/Clean_Boot. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 2 (212 Views)