Re: Download says I don't have enough space and when I resume the percent goes d

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download says I don't have enough space and when I resume the percent goes down.

★★★ Newbie

I've been attempting to download the new The Sims 4 update since its release and despite my efforts, it's still not working. I normally get to about 19 or 20% until I get the message "Hard drive is full. You are out of space on your designated hard drive. Please make some room before resuming your download." I have space so that isn't a problem. Then when I resume the download after waiting for about 2 minutes it goes back to about 9% and gets to 19 or 20% and I get the same message. Does anybody know how to fix it or what's going on? I can't play the sims without it and it's my favorite game so I'm desperate.

Message 1 of 8 (579 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Download says I don't have enough space and when I resume the percent goes d

Community Manager

Hey all, while the team continue to investigate this issue they have found 2 workarounds which should help till the Origin team finds a permanent solution.

Accepting as solution for visibility.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (396 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I have the same exact issue!

Message 2 of 8 (563 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine is stuck in an endless loop between 12% and 19%.

Message 3 of 8 (552 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue but without the message saying that i don't have space. 

I get up to 1.28GB out of 1.48GB then it will stop and start resuming again and then it goes back to 1.18GB.

It happens every time i get up to 1.28/1.48 GB

Message 4 of 8 (533 Views)

★★ Novice
@whatthehecccc Any luck getting it to work?
Message 5 of 8 (493 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

Can you all ensure that you have the ports for Origin open and also make sure that neither your anti-virus or firewall is blocking it.

The ports Origin uses can be find below:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (466 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it still isnt working

Message 7 of 8 (411 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, while the team continue to investigate this issue they have found 2 workarounds which should help till the Origin team finds a permanent solution.

Accepting as solution for visibility.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (397 Views)