Download problem

by andrealussana03

Original Post

Download problem

★ Novice

Hi, for some time I have a problem with origin, that is that all the downloads I make of the games stop me at 0 b / s. I saw that the problem had already been addressed in this forum, but I have not found any answer on how to actually fix it. I also wrote to assistance but the help they were able to provide me was not enough to solve the problem. I am attaching here the trace of the packets deriving from origin and what happens when the download stops and goes to 0 b / s. As you can see, it seems that a Time_wait arrives and then everything starts to freeze. Do you by any chance know if from this fact it is possible to help me solve the problem? Thank you

P.S: I know that covering ip addresses is useless, but I still wanted to do it for complete safety, both towards myself and towards the recipient of the package in question

OriginEdit.jpg

Message 1 of 5 (393 Views)

Re: Download problem

Community Manager

Hey @andrealussana03,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble getting games downloaded with Origin!

If that download speed is dropping to 0 repeatedly, one common issue we see is another program interfering and preventing that from continuing.

There are a few different things to try here. 

First, you can clear Origin's cache files, just to help make sure this isn't due to an issue with your actual launcher. 

After that, it would also help to check that no other programs are interfering, most commonly antivirus or security programs.

It may also be worth flushing your DNS or changing DNS entirely. You can find steps for that and a few other troubleshooting methods here.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 5 (376 Views)

★★ Novice
@andrealussana03 Hey,

Just wanted to say I have this very specific issue as well and have to use a VPN to work around it.

They fail to acknowledge the issue and I can guarantee you that a Manager will mention this has to do with your ISP. Meanwhile it’s their issue, they have to fix as we are clearly not the only one having this same exact issue. @EA_Darko
Message 3 of 5 (348 Views)

★ Novice

So you have the same problem? I don't know why they haven't solved the issue yet. However thanks for your help! Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (336 Views)

Community Manager
@itsMxtch
If using a VPN has helped with this type of situation, that's typically a pretty clear sign that there is indeed an issue somewhere within your normal route that's preventing a stable connection.

Using a VPN to force your connection down a different route than that normally taken within your ISP's network and finding it's suddenly working is generally a good indicator that may be an issue.

That said, changing your DNS server as mentioned above may help out in similar cases without needing to go the DNS route, so it's worth a try as well.
Mako.png
Message 5 of 5 (334 Views)