Re: Download problem on Mac Book air

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Download problem on Mac Book air

★ Novice

I can not download Sims 3 and Sims 4 on my MacBook Air. When I try its stay in the prepare mode and I never get the games downloaded. Its works fine on a a PC, and had worked fine on the Mac Book air. What is my problem  ?

Message 1 of 7 (605 Views)

★★ Expert

@cattangehas 

I found this and this should give you the answers you are looking for.

If you agree please Credit the Solution and XP me kindly, please.

Have a pleasant day and take care.

If you have any further questions, concerns or comments I will help you as best as I can.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Download-problem-on-Mac-Book-air/m-p/8333711#M324529

Message 2 of 7 (586 Views)

★ Novice
@BLVD69. Thank you for the answer. Are you sure you entered the correct link?
Message 3 of 7 (568 Views)

★★ Expert

@cattangehas  Yes Link should be correct to give you the answer. ☑️

Message 4 of 7 (555 Views)

@cattangehas  I don't know what the link was supposed to be, but please try running the Origin reset tool for Macs.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't help, I think you're running macOS Sierra, but please confirm that.  (If you're not sure, click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner and select About This Mac.)  The best troubleshooting steps will depend on your OS.

And please plug in your Mac before trying to download again.  Your battery doesn't have enough charge to download and install either game even if you don't own any packs.  It's also a good idea to try downloading one at a time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 7 (533 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Yes my Mac running Sierra
Message 6 of 7 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]

@cattangehas  I take it the Origin reset tool didn't help?  (It's always the best first step, so please try it if you haven't already.)  You may need to do a clean uninstall of Origin, as the reset tool misses one file.  Here's how to do it:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

If that doesn't help, reset Origin again, create a new admin user account on your Mac, and try downloading one of the games into that account.  As long as you install it into Applications (not \username\Applications), you'll be able to use it in your main account too.

If that doesn't help either, please check how much free storage your computer has.  Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen, select About This Mac, and click the Storage tab.  Let me know the free and total storage.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (439 Views)