by PonyGirl30

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download option won't appear for The sims 4 expansion pack

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? the newest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get together, city living, pets, get to work,seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? send a return through email
What happens when the bug occurs? it says I didn't buy an expantion pack but I did
What do you expect to see? It still gives me the option to buy it even though I bought it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

so bought the get together expanstion pack today and when I was done paying for it and hit okay It didn't start downloading and it gave me the option to pay for it still.

Message 1 of 7 (705 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Download option won't appear for The sims 4 expansion pack

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @PonyGirl30 

Could you try to clear Origin cache and then check again in the application if the expansion is available for you?

From what I can see, the transaction was successful, so Origin might have a small sync issue Oops

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (672 Views)

All Replies

Hey @PonyGirl30 

Could you try to clear Origin cache and then check again in the application if the expansion is available for you?

From what I can see, the transaction was successful, so Origin might have a small sync issue Oops

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 7 (673 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Ataashi I have the same issue as PonyGirl and clearing my cache had not worked
Message 3 of 7 (628 Views)

Hey @YuuleJewel 

Could you check how does it look in the Expansions Packs menu on Origin? Can you see the separate DLC being unlocked? It should look like that:

image (1).png

Have you also tried to use the repair game option on Origin?

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 7 (621 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I'm having a bit of a problem, so I really want to buy city living but it always says 'error try again later then I come back the next day and it says the same thing. Btw it dose this when I press the buy button 

Message 5 of 7 (568 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem and I would try to do this accept that I can't find my electronic arts on my new computer after downloading the sims 4 so I can't access my cache folder. 

Message 6 of 7 (547 Views)

@UnicornGaming20  You need to clear Origin's cache, not the one for Sims 4.  (You don't have an Electronic Arts folder because you haven't launched the game yet.)  The idea is to reset Origin's data, which will hopefully allow you to download your game.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If this doesn't help, try uninstalling Origin "the hard way" and reinstalling.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If you happen to be on a Mac, you can use this Origin reset tool instead:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If the reset tool doesn't help, please list your version of macOS.  You can find it by clicking on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and selecting About This Mac.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (534 Views)