Re: Download failed

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download failed

★★★ Newbie

I opened origin the other day and it said something that was along the lines of cache and it had underscores and stuff. I googled it as it wasn’t loading my sims 4 and followed EA’s instructions on cache clearing. I opened task manager on windows and went to downloads and deleted all the files there except for the one the website told me not to delete, it wouldn’t let me delete two other ones so I just tried doing the next step but it didn’t work. I then restarted my computer and I was able to play. Then last night the game needed to update but wouldn’t let me because either security restrictions or disk corruption. I went back to the task manager files and all the files I had deleted were there again. I tried repairing the game but it wouldn’t let me. I then tried uninstalling the sims 4 and reinstalling to hopefully re-download whatever I had supposedly deleted but when I got install the same thing popped up of origin denying access. I’m not good with computers but I’m worried that whatever I had deleted made my computer so that I’m no longer able to play, I have no cc and I’ve tried everything. This is the clear cache instructions I was trying to follow, https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php I have a windows computer so I was following those steps but whatever I deleted must of ruined the game. Is there anything I can do to fix this? 

Message 1 of 2 (208 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @kianaianaik can you ensure that your Windows account has administrator privileges and that when launching Origin you are right-clicking on the launcher and running as administrator. 

If the issue remains then please share a screenshot of the error you are seeing.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (160 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @kianaianaik can you ensure that your Windows account has administrator privileges and that when launching Origin you are right-clicking on the launcher and running as administrator. 

If the issue remains then please share a screenshot of the error you are seeing.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (161 Views)