Download error for anti cheat.

by ScaraVantha

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download error for anti cheat.

★★★ Newbie

Hi, cant finish the download due to this error: Error: A redistributable package (Anti Cheat) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue

Message 1 of 9 (14,681 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Download error for anti cheat.

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues, can you try disabling your anti-virus @batumeister and then trying the download again?

If that does not work can you go to your install folder Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex", then navigate to EasyAntiCheat folder and then install the EasyAntiCheat_Setup from there.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (14,542 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues, can you try disabling your anti-virus @batumeister and then trying the download again?

If that does not work can you go to your install folder Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex", then navigate to EasyAntiCheat folder and then install the EasyAntiCheat_Setup from there.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (14,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try deleting your already downloaded files and restart the Download. Worked for me 

Message 3 of 9 (14,504 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the help, but I fixed it by downloading the “easycheat” by itself and then finishing the Apex download.

Message 4 of 9 (14,466 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is not working for me as I do not have an antivirus on this computer
Message 5 of 9 (14,177 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Makes sure you don't have any other applications open that use Anti-cheat software for example..Fortnite and other games. This is what fixed my issue. 

Message 6 of 9 (14,140 Views)

★★ Novice

@SilentTragedy wrote:

Makes sure you don't have any other applications open that use Anti-cheat software for example..Fortnite and other games. This is what fixed my issue. 

I have Dead by Daylight and Fortnite, So i need to uninstall those game ?

Message 7 of 9 (14,105 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I am getting error while installing it from there 'copy file failed with 32'
Message 8 of 9 (10,205 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Modernwarfareg this error means that another program on your system is running or has locked the EAC service executable that is in the system32 folder. To sort this, can you try closing any running programs and launch the EAC setup again. You can also try cleanbooting your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (10,148 Views)