Download button missing for BF3/Titanfall 2

by RabbitGamer16

Original Post

Download button missing for BF3/Titanfall 2

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have recently just tried to redownload Titan Fall 2 on origin which is where I have bought the game. But whenever I go to redownload I just get the option to look at the details even though I own the game. I have left a photo below.

Message 1 of 10 (1,584 Views)

Battlefield 3 Won't download!

★★★ Novice

I have Battlefield3 Premium. Since you guys messed around with it a couple days ago. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it so many times now that it is Ridiculous!!!! What did you guys do!!!! I can download/install Origin but I cannot install BF#. It does not even offer a screen to let me install it. I am really Upset with this Crap. You guys/Origin always seem to have issues that always INCONVENIENCE your USERS!!! When are you going to get your act together? STEAM never has these issues. You should have never started your own service and let STEAM continue to do you guys a Favor. By HOSTING it as they did in the Beginning. I have constantly encountered issues with Origin and my BF3. The image I have provided shows you as far as Origin lets me go to. There is no way now to Install BF3. And it keeps giving me a key code for CD. Don't understand what that is all about or where to enter it. Here is what I get...............EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 10 (1,605 Views)

ORGIN TITANFALL

★★★ Newbie

can't join friends, says, i need to download it first. I only own the game on steam. i tried restarting origin and titanfall 2 as well as restarting my pc.

Message 3 of 10 (1,559 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3 Won't download!

Community Manager

Hey @GotaSmoke when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

To get your CD key you just need to right-click on the game icon in your My Game Library and select properties from where you will be able to copy and paste your key.

If the download button is not showing up then try clearing the Origin Cache. 

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,575 Views)

Can't install game on a fresh windows pc: "details" button instead of "download"

★★ Novice

A fresh windows installation, just reinstalled origin so I can install titanfall 2.

However, instead of a 'download' button I get a 'details' button that does nothing when I click it

Capture.PNG

The other games in my library DO show a download button, it's just titanfall 2. Other people on reddit and on this forum have been experiencing the same thing, but have been completely ignored so far. I'd like to be able to play the game I bought and love. Thank you for your attention.

Message 5 of 10 (1,559 Views)

★ Novice
@GotaSmoke Any progress? Im having the same problems. Very frustrating
Message 6 of 10 (1,500 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi everyone, 

I just merged some topics together with the same issue and I've done a little digging around. 

The reason why the download button is missing is usually because you don't own the game. One way to lost access to games is when EA Play expires and you no longer have access to the games. 

Thing is, that you should see a greyed out game when the subscription has expired and you should see a note when clicking on the game that the EA Play membership has expired. 

This means that I need 2 pieces of information from you to confirm this:

• Do you still have an active EA Play subscription?
  • Are the games greyed out in the Game Library and you do you see a message that your EA Play membership has expired?

@xLordSpicy @RabbitGamer16 @MisterHaggis @zack12334 

As for unable to download Battlefield 3, we have a main topic about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/Battlefield-3-not-launching-2020/td-p/9344937/page/2

Jason.png
Message 7 of 10 (1,456 Views)

Re: Download button missing for BF3/Titanfall 2

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem and was able to download it by going to the Origin home on my browser, logging on , and clicking "Play on Origin". Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 10 (1,376 Views)

★ Novice

i also have the same problem with downloading titanfall. i download origin again after more than half a year just to plat TF 2 and BF1. i can download bf1 but not tf2. the download button have been replaced by details button, but noting happen when i press it. firstly i have bought bf1 and tf2 on a bundle. yes i do not have ea play. BUT I BOUGT THE GAME IN A BUNDLE. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,155 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @silentkiller1205,

I'm sorry to hear that, let's see if we can get this sorted for you. 

First of all you can try clearing Origin's cache

If that doesn't work, then please reach out to our support team at EA Help

Jason.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,136 Views)