Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Download Speeds throttled?

by CG_PARZEVIL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download Speeds throttled?

★★★★ Novice

I have incredible fiber optic internet at lightning fast speeds.  why is origin throttling my download? and is there anything I can do about it?

Message 1 of 3 (73 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Download Speeds throttled?

Community Manager

Hey @CG_PARZEVIL if you are having an issue with slow downloads then can you try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Darko

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (52 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @CG_PARZEVIL if you are having an issue with slow downloads then can you try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Darko

Message 2 of 3 (53 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Hey @EA_Darko , tried all of your suggestions, but nothing seems to be fixing the problem. Is there anything else I could try to improve the speed of downloading? I'm getting 1.5-2 mbps while having 22 mbps connection. 

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Syntia

Message 3 of 3 (34 Views)