Download Speeds throttled?

by CG_PARZEVIL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download Speeds throttled?

★★★ Newbie

I have incredible fiber optic internet at lightning fast speeds.  why is origin throttling my download? and is there anything I can do about it?

Message 1 of 4 (1,681 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Download Speeds throttled?

Community Manager

Hey @CG_PARZEVIL if you are having an issue with slow downloads then can you try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,657 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @CG_PARZEVIL if you are having an issue with slow downloads then can you try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey @EA_Darko , tried all of your suggestions, but nothing seems to be fixing the problem. Is there anything else I could try to improve the speed of downloading? I'm getting 1.5-2 mbps while having 22 mbps connection. 

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Syntia

Message 3 of 4 (1,639 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is nothing that can be done as far as I can tell.  Origin doesn't disclose why they are doing it, and always seem to deny it.  You may take some comfort in knowing that everyone has the same problem.  If a game needs an update, I simply cannot play it until the next day due to this issue.  It's maddening because we all pay for this, and it never gets any better.  Just now I had an update to a game that was about 1 GB.  It downloaded the first 500 MBs in seconds because my bandwidth is about 500 Mbps, and the last 500 MBs took about 15 minutes because they throttled me down between 0 and 500 Kbps.  Not sure how they think they'll ever compete with this going on.  

Message 4 of 4 (1,566 Views)