Re: Download Paused waiting for permission

by Straatford87

Original Post

Download Paused waiting for permission

★★★ Novice

I recently bought starwars battlefron II because it was on sale but then i couldnt open origin, when i pressed the origin logo nothing happened. I have now fixed that problem but now when i try to download the game it says "Download paused waiting for permission" and tells me to press yes when they ask for permission to download but it never comes up. I have tried several solutions and none have worked, does anyone have any solutions for me?

Message 1 of 12 (1,983 Views)

Community Manager

First thing to do @scchristiansen is make sure that you are running the Origin Client as administrator, so that it has sufficient rights to create folders and write files on your system partition: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

If the issue remains can you turn on Safe Mode Downloading. You can activate that by going to Origin > Application Settings > Advanced > Safe Mode Downloading

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (1,945 Views)

★★★ Novice

None of these worked. I am able to download battlefield 1 but not battlefront 2. Another peculiar thing i have noticed is that i frequently get sent into offline mode, im wondering if these are connected, if not lets just focus on the not being able to download battlefront 2 thing

Message 3 of 12 (1,936 Views)

★★★ Novice
I tried logging in with a friends account and tried to download and the same thing happened
Message 4 of 12 (1,919 Views)

EA DICE Team

@scchristiansen 

Hey there,

Could you please try the following:

• Completely close Origin (make sure it's not visible in your taskbar / icons)
  • Navigate to folder C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License
  • Delete the 1034365.dlf file

Note: the easiest method to reach this folder is to paste the location into you File Explorer search bar, as in the attached screenshot.

LicenseFolder.PNG

Hopefully this does the trick for you.

Message 5 of 12 (1,898 Views)

★★★ Novice
I just have 1026023.dlf and 1026023_cached.dlf
Message 6 of 12 (1,889 Views)

EA DICE Team

@scchristiansen 

Thank you for the update.

I double-checked for you, and it's safe to delete all files in that folder. Could you let me know the outcome of that?

Message 7 of 12 (1,877 Views)

★★★ Novice
Deleting those files had no effect, appreciate you trying tho
Message 8 of 12 (1,874 Views)

EA DICE Team

@scchristiansen 

Oh darn. Thanks for sticking with us though!

We're still investigating what's going on. But there's some workarounds you can try in the meantime, would recommend to check out the following thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-games-not-downloading-or-updating-only-...

Hopefully that'll get you back in the game.

Message 9 of 12 (1,863 Views)

★★★ Novice
There was no answers there which i havent already tried
Message 10 of 12 (1,852 Views)