Download Error

by Cin_Tracyn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download Error

★ Novice

I am attempting to update/download Apex Legends, which I have played before season 2 came out with no issues, but I keep getting the error message, "Download failed, download servers are not responding."  It seems to get stuck at 0% while reading "Preparing" and then says the download servers are not responding after about a minute of waiting. After looking through the EA help board for possible solutions I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling, didn't work. I tried deleting the empty game folder and uninstalling-reinstalling Origin, didn't work. I went through my firewall and personally allowed Origin despite it previously having worked with no issue, didn't work. I have disabled my anti-virus and firewall temporarily to see if it would allow the download to begin, it didn't work. I noticed one person say duel monitors seems to mess it up, tried disabling my second monitor and restarting my computer before doing the whole uninstall-reinstall game... It didn't work. Since then I have uninstalled Origin "The Hard Way", which didn't work. It is now at the tail end of a tiring three hours of searching and typing. I prefer not going into live chat for assistance for personal reasons. I merely want to play with friends on a game I enjoyed the last time I launched it with them a few months back.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Message 1 of 2 (256 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Download Error

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Cin_Tracyn.

Can you start by ensuring that you are running Origin as an administrator, so that it has sufficient rights to create folders and write files on your system?

You also need to ensure that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (214 Views)

All Replies

Re: Download Error

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Cin_Tracyn.

Can you start by ensuring that you are running Origin as an administrator, so that it has sufficient rights to create folders and write files on your system?

You also need to ensure that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (215 Views)