Download Error: -4:504

by Johann47_sk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, whenever i try to download game i get this error "Error: -4:504". I tried clean boot and reinstalling origin. Still i have this problem.

Message 1 of 8 (1,291 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Download Error: -4:504

★★ Novice

I was able to resolve the issue.. Long story short, it's most likely going to be an issue with your Firewall. That ended up being my issue and after making some changes to it, I was able to download the games just fine.

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (1,180 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
I'm having the exact same issue. Anyone have any ideas?
Message 2 of 8 (1,265 Views)

★★ Novice

I was able to resolve the issue.. Long story short, it's most likely going to be an issue with your Firewall. That ended up being my issue and after making some changes to it, I was able to download the games just fine.

Message 3 of 8 (1,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How did you do please ?
Message 4 of 8 (1,122 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@PointEutectique 

It depends on what operating system do you use. Instructions should be quite similar in any case, so here you will find steps for Windows 10 as an example Wink

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 8 (1,112 Views)

★★ Novice

In my case, it wasn't Windows Firewall at all.. I use Sophos XG and the IPS kept on being tripped whenever I tried to download, keeping me from downloading games. So first I had to create rules for Origin to make sure that whatever CDNs Origin is using weren't blocked. When this didn't work, I dug a bit further (took about 5 hours of staring at logs) and found that the IPS was being tripped. Then after that I added an IPS to make sure things worked just fine. Not sure what EA needs to do on their end, but we definitely shouldn't have to do this much work. Other clients such as Steam, Battle.net, Epic, etc work perfectly fine with default rules.

So depending on what firewall appliance you're running, it could be something completely different or just the same. If you're still having issues I can post in general what rules I used but it would be up to you to figure out how to modify them to work for your specific firewall.

Message 6 of 8 (1,059 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Team,

I am having update error -4:504 and tried various methods from forums but not able to update game doesnt even start.

Please help.

Message 7 of 8 (1,009 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @BigAssKick error 4:504 points to an error with something blocking Origin from going online. Generally, this will be your anti-virus or firewall. Best thing to do is go ahead and disable both and try again. If it works then you just need to add an exception for Origin to both.

If the issue remains let me know and we will take it from there.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (966 Views)