Re: Does Origin/EA no longer accept MasterCard Debit Cards???

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Does Origin/EA no longer accept MasterCard Debit Cards???

★★★★ Novice

Recently I haven't been able to buy from origin.... I tried buying the get famous expansion pack that was on sale about a week back and was told "sorry! can't do that, try again later or use a different payment method". Ok, I waited and tried again later and still no. So i gave up on that and now with the new Island living expansion pack coming out I was excited to buy it and shocker, got the same message from before on the check out page, "can't buy, try again later or different pay method".... Does origin?EA no longer accept MasterCard Debit Cards?!? I've bought expansion and game packs from origin with the same card I have now and for whatever reason it's being denied... I've tried buying from the EA web page and Origin web page with the same result of "try again later or different pay method" ... I know it's not my bank! because I bought something from Steam today and had no problem there, so what's up? Does origin/EA not want my money anymore? lol ?? WonderingDisappointed

Message 1 of 5 (3,199 Views)

Community Manager

We're sorry to hear about the payment issues you're having, Mastercard is indeed accepted though. Our full list of payment methods for Origin can be found in the article below. 

We are seeing some purchasing issues with the Island Living expansion and the team is investigating.

Some tips!

• Try removing your payment method and add it again if you're still getting the error.
  • Attempt the purchase through the Origin client if you've been using the web browser or vise-versa
  • Make sure you're not on a VPN

Payment Methods for Origin

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/ordering-payment-information/#paymentmethods

If you're still having trouble making a purchase through the Origin store, our Live-Support team is always on standby 24/7 to assist you.

Click here to contact an EA Advisor

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (3,139 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello, thank you for your quick reply. I've waited because I did see that people were having issues buying Island Living, so I've waited and I tried to buy it just a few minutes ago, through the Origin launcher, origin web and EA ... but none of them work, they all give me the same message as before, "Your action cannot be processed That didn't work, let's try again. If the problem persists you may want to use a different payment method or try again later." I didn't have my card in my account so I could just click buy and check out, so I tried adding my card so I could just click buy and check out but that didn't work. Any idea on what's going on? I bought something from amazon just a couple of days back so my card is working just fine.... I also tried what I saw someone else try where they bought it through out incognito tab on chrome and it also didn't work for me... help please! Devil

Message 3 of 5 (3,095 Views)

Community Manager

@VichiCherry 

We recommend contacting our Live-Support team so they're capable of pulling up your account and assisting you further with this. We unfortunately are not able to discuss account details on the forums for account security purposes. They'll be able to dive into what's causing this and find a solution for you. I'm sorry this is happening and please keep us updated here on the results!

Click here to contact our Live-Support team

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (3,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried buying the cats and dogs expansion pack but it no longer accepts debit card.i entered my details and yet it charged me 1 dollars.excuse me what. fix ur damn game . why won't it allow debit card anymore???

Message 5 of 5 (1,193 Views)