Do I have to reinstall my games if I reinstall Origin?

by caitlinmckie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do I have to reinstall my games if I reinstall Origin?

★★ Novice

So I'm having a problem with Origin and need to reinstall but I don't to if I have to reinstall my game. Will uninstalling Origin affect my game at all or will it be okay?

Message 1 of 10 (60,593 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Do I have to reinstall my games if I reinstall Origin?

Hero (Retired)

Hey there,

Actually reinstalling the Origin won't affect your installed games. Your installed games will still be playable after you install the Origin on the system. 

Cheers,

THISaint

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (68,728 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
Hey.
Yes, after uninstall origin you need to download them again. This is not the case if you are uninstallig origin on your own (http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/). Or you back up the game valdiation datas (http://help.ea.com/en/article/why-do-i-need-to-back-up-files-prior-to-uninstalling-origin/).
Message 2 of 10 (60,515 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello

If you have Origin on disc C, games on disc D.  You are able to reinstall only Origin. 

If Origin and games installed on one partition and in one folder. You have to reinstall Origin and games.

Message 3 of 10 (60,511 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey there,

Actually reinstalling the Origin won't affect your installed games. Your installed games will still be playable after you install the Origin on the system. 

Cheers,

THISaint

Message 4 of 10 (68,729 Views)

★ Novice

Thisaint thank you so much, youre a life saver, re-installing fixed all of my Origin problems.

Message 5 of 10 (58,548 Views)

★★★ Novice

Actually, I found this not to be the case.  Origin totally flubbed on me and I had to delete it and reinstall.  It now does not detect my The Sims 4 at all and tells me I need to activate the game.  I fear we have lost all progress.

Message 6 of 10 (53,343 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hope that work, because i had to uninstall origin for keep crashing and games at F:\ origin was at C:\

Message 7 of 10 (49,394 Views)

★★★ Novice
If anyone else is looking for answers years later, let me add that I was able to simply reinstall the Origin client on my C disc, and select the D disc where I still had my Origin Games folder to be my "new" game install path. Since the game I want to play is already there, Origin found it after I clicked install in the client and only took about 2 minutes to run through the files and the game is ready to play!
Message 8 of 10 (47,004 Views)

★★★ Novice

This AE client is a piece of *! 

It detected BF1 on d:, but it did not detected BFV on e: (after a client reinstall)

Message 9 of 10 (39,337 Views)

★ Novice

Different install folders.

Message 10 of 10 (31,852 Views)