Discover university

by allaboutthesims7

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Pack Won't Download

@OneMonkey13  If you're running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4, Discover University won't be available, as in, it won't show up in-game regardless of whether you get it to download.  Otherwise, this could be an issue with Origin's cache.

However, sharing accounts is against EA's terms of service and could get both you and your friend banned.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 31 of 73 (815 Views)

Discover university

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Why won’t the discover university pack come up? I’ve spent $50 and to not be able to play it I’m furious. Someone help, why is sims not the same after the update.

Message 32 of 73 (942 Views)

Re: Discover university

@allaboutthesims7  Are you running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4?  If so, that's why Discover University isn't showing up: it doesn't run at all in the LE.  If your computer can't run the standard version of Sims 4 at all, you may be able to get a refund.  Even though packs are normally not eligible, it seems that an exception is being made in this case, at least some of the time.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 33 of 73 (857 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So what your saying is discover university won’t work at all if I’m using the legacy edition? Is there anything I can do to get it to work?

Message 34 of 73 (840 Views)

@allaboutthesims7  That's what I'm saying.  And no, there's nothing you can do to make it work.  EA has made it very clear that all new packs, including DU, will not run on the Legacy Edition.  So unless you can run the standard version instead, you're unfortunately out of luck.

Message 35 of 73 (828 Views)

Re: Sims 4 University will not show up in my game

★ Novice

how do I uninstall it though?

Message 36 of 73 (1,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did this ever get fixed? was anyone able to get a refund? helllppppp i’m frustrated 

Message 37 of 73 (1,618 Views)

@sweezy16  It's not getting fixed, as in, Discover University is not going to work in the Legacy Edition.  EA could always reverse course, but that seems unlikely given how clear the company has been about this.  And yes, people have received refunds when their computers couldn't run the pack.  Contact support and ask, and you probably will too.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 38 of 73 (1,612 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Indilwenlily I just had this problem and I may be able to help. Be sure that your computer is a 64-bit. I unistalled the game and all the expansion packs and reinstalled them to my computer. DO Not download the
Legacy edition. Once everything is downloaded go to the Sims 4 game and press the settings. (I'm not in front of my computer so don't quote me on this part I can't remember the links rn)

Then you're gonna press advanced settings. From there it should saying something like: "when running this game" and it should automatically have sims 4 legacy there. Just select it and select Sims 4 64-bit from the drop down. From there it should run the game and you'll see the welcome for your new expansion packs.
Message 39 of 73 (1,534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I contacted EA who confirmed that I would not be able to play University on my MAC. They then refunded me my money 

Message 40 of 73 (1,506 Views)