Desktop shortcut

by uco73

Original Post

Desktop shortcut

★★ Novice

Although it is set to set a desktop shortcut, this no longer happens. What happened so Origin no longer has a desktop shortcut for games?

Message 1 of 7 (564 Views)

Re: Desktop shortcut

Champion (Retired)
Hi @uco73

It should give you the option to create a desktop shortcut when downloading the game at the same point it asks you to choose an install location.

I have just tested it out and it seemed to install a shortcut for me without issue, do you have anything that could block it for some reason, possibly anti virus etc?

Message 2 of 7 (546 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried all possible options and nothing. I note that this was not the case 3 months ago. Then everything worked perfectly. After two upgrades, Origin is no longer what it used to be.

Message 3 of 7 (527 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @uco73 it could be that something on your system is stopping the creation of the shortcut. Do you by any chance have One Drive running on your system?

If you create a shortcut from the install location are you able to drag and drop/copy this to the desktop?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (524 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko, I don't have One Drive. I deleted it.
Message 5 of 7 (520 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @uco73 I tested this with a couple of games and if I select desktop shortcut one is being created. Your issue is most likely being caused by something on your system blocking this, try disabling your anti-virus when next installing a game to see if you see the same issue.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey, ljudino,@EA_Darko Not an antivirus problem. Until the last two upgrades, everything was fine. I have STEAM, EPIC, Uplay, GOG, Bethesda, Battle.net, Rockstar and Itch.io launchers and I don't have any problems with any of them. Only Origin broke down. I wrote complaints via email, but no one from EA has answered me yet. Shame!

Message 7 of 7 (475 Views)