Desktop Origin will not allow login or password reset or anything

by Keijra

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Desktop Origin will not allow login or password reset or anything

★ Guide

I'm currently completely unable to log into the desktop Origin client. It will not accept my password or email at all. It says the email and/or password is wrong despite me being pretty sure that they are both correct. Then I get stuck in the endless loop of absurd captchas that ask me to look at grainy pictures to see if they may or may not have a flea's eyelash hidden in the tiny corner. After five rounds of that, I am told that there is suspicious activity on my account and so I cannot log in anyway so too bad, so sad. What???

What is going on here? Does anyone have any clue what on earth is happening? 

I cannot even change my password or request a password change. I tried doing that from inside the online account but ended up in this loop of "You have to enter your old password before you can change to your new password." What is the point of the option of "I cannot remember my password so please send me an email to the email on my account with a special code so that I can change it" if I am then require to then input the password that I CANNOT REMEMBER in the first place in order to CHANGE the password to begin with? This seems to not be the most well thought out plan.  I can get into my account online only because my browser had the password saved but the desktop client is completely borked and useless. I can't play my game and I actually use it for work purposes so too. 

Message 1 of 2 (441 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Desktop Origin will not allow login or password reset or anything

Community Manager

@Keijra I would recommend speaking with an advisor, in order for them to further look at your account and assist with getting back into it. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (399 Views)

All Replies

Re: Desktop Origin will not allow login or password reset or anything

Community Manager

@Keijra I would recommend speaking with an advisor, in order for them to further look at your account and assist with getting back into it. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (400 Views)