Re: Delete non-properly-installation package

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Delete non-properly-installation package

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have a question about the not installed game on my PC. Recently, I downloaded Ghost Recon to my PC using Origin. However, I failed to install the game and decided to delete it. Then here came the problem - I didn't know where the game file was and since it was not installed yet, I couldn't uninstall from origin neither. But it was clear that the downloaded installation package was still on my drive as it took huge amount of space - around 100GB - and can be installed anytime. 

Therefore, it would be appreciated if you could advice me on how to delete the installation package thoroughly. Any inputs are really welcome. 

With thanks,

John

Message 1 of 2 (342 Views)

Re: Delete non-properly-installation package

@SilentOnion9612  The first place I'd look is DownloadCache, which is in ProgramData\Origin.  You might as well clear Origin's cache while you're at it; instructions for doing so include deleting DownloadCache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, set Windows to show hidden files and folders, click This PC in a File Explorer window, right-click on each folder and select Properties, and see if you can find one that's 100 GB larger than it should be.  Open it and repeat until you figure out where the extra data is stored.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (335 Views)