Re: Delete Account

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Delete Account

★★★ Newbie

I have been waiting for 2 days for EA to delete my account as I have two accounts with them and Steam linked to the wrong one.  I have literally kept the chat window open the entire time, waiting for them to come online and still - not even an email.  Does anyone know how the heck to get a hold of this company? 

I'm still getting my head around the fact a billion-dollar company only uses chat windows to solve customer service issues.  Also, why do they not empower their customers to choose for themselves - We all should have the option of deleting our information for good and not have to go through a customer service rep at all.  It's like living with your ex who locked your wallet in their safe and won't let you have access unless you go through a chat window that they never check.  

Message 1 of 9 (1,181 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Textrophy04 our live support phone lines are closed due to the current world pandemic.

You will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,154 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Textrophy04 our live support phone lines are closed due to the current world pandemic.

You will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks Darko for your response.  I've done all you suggested, and now the only response I receive is that no channels are available.  Twitter doesn't seem to matter either.  This is the problem - the customer is totally dependent on assistance, which equates to zero trust in the ability to manage their own information.  Seems rather draconian to me.

If there are no channels to chat, and I'm receiving zero replies in twitter - how do I delete the account? I just want to unlink my steam account to this one and delete it.  Frustration level is through the roof at this point.

Message 3 of 9 (1,140 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Textrophy04 the best thing to do is to give the team some time.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (1,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I want to delete my account.  My password has been compromised.  I need to delete the account.  I'm no longer playing.

Message 5 of 9 (841 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Player_ae6fttec you will need to speak with our live support team by following the steps I shared above in order to have this sorted.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

exactly

Message 7 of 9 (706 Views)

Anonymous

Same issues.

Same bull crap trouble-shooting.

To anyone who has ANY issue with EA, they will tell you to do the same thing. Go to ea.com and then help. Then have a case opened and a bunch of nonsensical questions asked about the account that don't actually pertain to the account and then they close the case without actually sending you your data or a confirmation that they're going to delete it.

It's been three weeks, I've yet to actually receive my data despite 24-48 hours promised.

This has crossed over into legal territory and EA has no excuse to hold onto customer's data like this.

I'm going to begin contact with my Attorney General.

Message 8 of 9 (279 Views)

Community Manager

Going to go ahead and lock this thread as it is quite old.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (263 Views)