Re: DO NOT agree to the the new terms of service

by deltibecker

Original Post

DO NOT agree to the the new terms of service

★★★ Newbie

you may think I'm over reacting but I assure you I'm not in the new TOS origin basically says "hey do you have any personal web data i.e. cookies history and webpage preferences? well I'm just going to go ahead and take all of that so i can sell it to ad companies along with your phone number and email if you have that anywhere as well."

are you insane EA? who in their right mind would knowingly agree to that youre banking people will just let it slide under the carpet because most people dont care about the TOS because this type of practice is ILLEGAL. make no mistake this is fraud and they are taking advantage of you hate that I have to give up a good game like apex for this but screw you I actually value my privacy.

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBPRIVACY/us/en/PC/

Message 1 of 3 (812 Views)

Community Manager

If you are concerned about information which is shared with third parties @alcorswisdom then you can find all the information in section 4 of the Terms of Service.

4. Information We Share with Third Parties

We do not share personal information that directly identifies you (such as your name, e-mail or postal address) with third parties for their own use without your consent, unless it is either required by law or we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our rights, property or operations or to protect our players or third parties. We may share anonymous or aggregated information, or other data that does not directly identify you, with third parties, for instance your persona and game stats on leaderboards or to show trends about use of our products.

We employ third parties located in and outside of your country of residence (including outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)) to collect or process personal information on our behalf for various reasons, such as conducting market surveys, facilitating credit card processing, or sending emails. When our third party agents or service providers collect or receive personal information, we require that they use the data only on our behalf and for purposes consistent with this policy.

We do not knowingly disclose directly identifying personal information from children under 18 years of age to independent third parties even with consent.

However, in the event of a reorganization, divestiture, merger, sale or bankruptcy, we may transfer all information we collect to the relevant third party and will obtain your consent to do so if required by law.

We do not control information sent from your browser to third parties, such as advertising networks and analytics companies that receive information in the normal course of your Internet activity. When third party technologies or social tools are integrated into our products, those third parties may collect information when you use our products. An example is the Facebook "Like" button.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (760 Views)

★ Novice
@alcorswisdom They are doing this again. It's pure trash. I'm sending this info into Louder with Crowder. He will put them on blast to MILLIONS of people and expose them.
Message 3 of 3 (706 Views)