DLC from another site

by moonlite10

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

DLC from another site

★★★ Newbie

I wanted to buy the sims 4 Get Together expansion pack and found it on a site for a good price. It says it's origin compatible but I wanted to know if getting sims DLC always works in origin and if it would show that I have that expansion pack in the origin launcher.

Message 1 of 2 (414 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DLC from another site

@moonlite10  That depends on the site that's offering the pack.  There are a few different authorized retailers of EA games, and they would provide you with a code to register in Origin.  You would download the pack from Origin, not the other seller, and the pack would be in your game library just as if you had purchased from Origin directly.  Here's a list of approved vendors:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

However, if you buy from an unauthorized seller, you run the risk of receiving a bad code.  It might not work at all, or it might later be cancelled by EA, leaving you with nothing for your money.  Unfortunately, there's no way to know what you're getting until the pack doesn't work, which might be months later.  Personally, I don't think the risk is worth taking.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (397 Views)

All Replies

Re: DLC from another site

@moonlite10  That depends on the site that's offering the pack.  There are a few different authorized retailers of EA games, and they would provide you with a code to register in Origin.  You would download the pack from Origin, not the other seller, and the pack would be in your game library just as if you had purchased from Origin directly.  Here's a list of approved vendors:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

However, if you buy from an unauthorized seller, you run the risk of receiving a bad code.  It might not work at all, or it might later be cancelled by EA, leaving you with nothing for your money.  Unfortunately, there's no way to know what you're getting until the pack doesn't work, which might be months later.  Personally, I don't think the risk is worth taking.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (398 Views)