Crysis 3 "DXGI Error Device Removed" fault.

by TeddyB8819

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crysis 3 "DXGI Error Device Removed" fault.

★★★ Newbie

I am having a problem running Crysis 3 on my laptop.

The game constantly crashes and gives me a "DXGI Error Device Removed" fault.

I have a high end system that running an older game like this should not task. My rig has an intel i9 @3.70GHz, 32Gb RAM, Windows 10, and a NVIDA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics card. My video driver is up to date, I'm using DirectX 12.0, I have already tried switching off Anti-Aliasing and Shadow Play/Sharing. The other fixes I see online seem to pertain to the GPU being overheated or overtasked. But I play much more advanced games without an issue and my rig far exceeds any required specs. Any idea what else I could try? Crashing every 10-15 minutes is very annoying, to say the least. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (1,565 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crysis 3 "DXGI Error Device Removed" fault.

Community Manager

Hey @TeddyB8819  the error you are seeing is one relating to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Roll back your drivers to an earlier build
  • Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,523 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @TeddyB8819  the error you are seeing is one relating to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Roll back your drivers to an earlier build
  • Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (1,524 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, is this really a serious answer? First you say do a clean install of video drivers. Then you say roll back drivers to an earlier build. That is contradictory. Also I shouldn't have to do either.

Perform a clean boot? Why, I want to use the computer as well as play games.

Set all settings to low.

I have to RTX 2080 TI's, I'm not setting anything to low.

If this is a serious answer it is a very poor one

Message 3 of 3 (1,243 Views)